Minijam

Got an email through for this earlier and couldn’t resist…

Looks like a lot of fun on the cheap to me!

Anyway, thought I’d share - this is the sort of thing folks round here usually love to see!

3 Likes

sweet! I’m a sucker for tiny machines

2 Likes

Same here. I’m down for the early bird. Will decide in a couple of weeks if I’ll keep it but the drum machine and synth sound pretty good/fun for the price

1 Like

That wavetable synth sounds filthy. Love it.

2 Likes

Thanks @J0n35y!!!
I’m in for the studio now you’ve made me aware, looks like great fun…

These little guys remind me of the old Technobox app on iOS

1 Like

The 3 channel mixer records straight to micro sd!

1 Like

Just backed the project, went for the complete setup!!

1 Like

Listening to a 16-step pattern looping endlessly through shitty speakers reminds me of the 90s. I would buy these for an eight-year-old nephew or niece, not something for the big kids though.

The mixer really is great.
If only Korg would release a Volca Mix with 2 x sync out (diff speed user config) 1 sync in and then 4 or 5 mini stereo jacks in with tiny thumb chaos pad recorded straight to micro sd multi channel!

But again these little boxes are a step in the right direction for fun times.
Can see these being a blast with a modular, OT, any TE units, Volca range etc…

Watched the tek.drum video and there is quite a range of sounds for such a little box, plocks are well implemented too.
I can see some ‘rocking the toilet’ breaks at work later this year!

1 Like

Inside every big kid is a little kid wondering what happened!

I get what you’re saying but these look fun and as an adult there isn’t much fun to be had!

1 Like

Without MIDI, I have no use for these. IMO a PO tonic is a better choice than the drum tech gizmo… OTOH the filter and the mixer are looking sweet. Would def go for the filter if it had a hipass in addition to lpf and bpf. Right now, only the mixer appeals to me… but it’s mono? Does it have a stereo output though (ie. dual mono)?

Yeah I’m excited about the mixer. For less then $50 a box I see it as a fun way to feed my OT. I’m a big fan of this micro synth movement. Cheap battery operated synths is perfect for a gearhead like myself. The drummachine seems pretty meat n potatoes but the synth sounds like a mean little beast!

1 Like

Honestly, I would love the drum machine. It would sync right up with my Monologue, then I can slave anything midi I want to from there.

2 Likes

45 Pledge fella, swoop in!

After seeing the drummachine presentation I was thoroughly impressed. Seems more capable than the volca beats minus the midi of course.

1 Like

Backer 509

Just had my confirmation email. They are looking to send out in October.

Looking forward to pairing my tek drum with the DT.

1 Like

So my unit arrived today. Instead of creating another thread, that would no doubt be merged with this, I’ve opted to post a few pix here.

If there’s interest, I’ll do a video, but for now here’s some stills.

I’m hoping it’ll be a nice friend for the DT.

I’m. Already not a fan of the opaque casing and much prefer the solid blue of the prototype

I pulled out of the Kickstarter as all too soon there were questions about the final product looks/design and the ideas that were floating about were not to my taste and I knew that the boxes would probably end up a little on the ‘x-factor’ side.

Mmmmm…

That tek.drum drum machine sounds good to me!