MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

In other new:

I will be releasing MCL V2.0 this week.

There are uncertainties around compatibiility, particularly as to whether or not the trigger exploit works with all MD models.

Also I am uncertain if the optocoupler will need to to be replaced on the MiniCommand to achieve 8x Turbo (as I had already replaced mine before discovering the handshake protocol was causing connection errors).

Time will tell.

2 Likes

Yeah, teaches us to use proper computers! :wink:

The official support status from https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/92710?hl=en is:

Annotations do not appear on custom YouTube chromeless players, or on mobile, tablet and TV devices.

Flu Season here.

v2.0 Binary file is ready. I’m just amending the manual which is taking longer than anticipated.

4 Likes

MCL 2.0.0 Released. :fireworks:

User manual is included in the zip archive.
Download here

The firmware is complex and has not been tested outside of my environment.
I’ll be here to work through any problems you may encounter.

Please report back any bugs, issues or findings.

Let the games begin!

7 Likes

Doco’s a bitch, I hate it. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Guys just a quick update. Now that MCL V2 has settled I am able to devote some time to
resurrecting the MiniCommand hardware.

The new version will be called the MegaCommand based on the Arduino Mega2560 (or compatible boards).
It will be a DIY version, with a part list and build instructions. My guess is that cost will be no more than $150 USD in parts.

This weekend I’ve started looking at porting the MidiCTRL framework over to the the Arduino IDE environment for the Arduino Mega.

The MegaCommand will not support the R&W boot loader and instead will use the built in Arduino USB boot loader.

I’ve got all the necessary components on order, including a case.

As I mentioned earlier, most of the components can be purchased in pre-manufactured arduino shields. The trickiest bit will soldering up the I/O board. Which should be manageable for anyone with basic circuit and soldering skills.

All the parts will arrive next week. I’ll start piecing together the hardware in addition to porting the framework over.

7 Likes

:crown: :trophy: :trumpet: :thup: :alien:

… and :beer:

it’s really cool to see this project is still going. i just threw away two of the felt Minicommand bags as they have started to disintegrate.

Sorry, but no felt bags will be supplied this time :grinning:

i will just be a happy camper if the hardware becomes available again!

Ooh I have a spare Mega here and am real curious to see what transpires.

So I underestimated the complexity of soldering up the IO/board and mechanical assembly of all the components.
Decided to learn Eagle and build a board up from scratch.

This is the MegaCommand arduino mega shield. Minicommand compatible hardware with through hole components.

I’d imagine this board will take a few more design iterations before it’s functional.

6 Likes

When these are ready, I’d be very interested in purchasing one from you.

Thank you for your brilliant work!

A post was split to a new topic: Sell - Ruin & Wesen MiniCommand

Rusty, I provided you with the code to do what you want to do here:

It does require effort on your part to get it working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fuck me I’m getting old and forgetful… shall we do this again in a month or two? :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Megacommand! Cool!

Is it possible to make more realtime controllers not just four knobs?

Megacommand project is on hold.