Migrating kits across projects step by step

What is the process for applying a kit from one project in another?

You can move kits one at a time from one project to another by copying and pasting them:

1. Open the project you want to copy a kit from.
  2. FUNC + PLAY to open the Kit menu.
  3. LOAD KIT
  4. Highlight the kit you want to copy with the arrows.
  5. FUNC + Record to copy the kit.
  6. Open the project you want to paste the kit to.
  7. FUNC + PLAY to open the Kit menu.
  8. SAVE KIT
  9. Highlight the slot you want to paste the kit to.
  10. FUNC + Stop to paste the kit.
  11. Save the project.
  12. Repeat for any other kits you want to move.

OK, thank you. How do you deal with the missing samples?

Write them down and relocate them.
Or take a pic with your phone.

Taking pictures and redialing in. Per sample, right? So you must be giving samples short, unique names because the sound pool view shows the first 8 letters or so, thus, you could not tell tambourine 1 from tambourine 2.

Do you find it to be a sure method?

I wonder if there is another way. There is sysex dump option for Pool - I think both individual items (useful if due to migrate to an developed project) and the whole pool (easier if migrating to a new project).

I am a bit concerned about trying this out on “living” projects, although they are teh best for this purpose because you know them and will tell inconsistencies most easily.

And it looks like kit functionality is not intended for quick cross-checking a pattern against a bunch of kits from various sources but closely linked with the design choice of using a sound pool and quick reload of all sounds.

Is anyone using kits across projects? What do you do if you have in different projects two tracks you want to play in one performance? It would be ideal to keep them in a single project, but how do you move them there?

If you buy a sound set you like, how do you make sounds accessible to the existing projects?