MIDI to Ableton

Hi,
I’m slowly giving up :frowning:don´t find a way to send messages of the knobs (for example the CUTOFF) to Ableton Live. When I´m recording a track in Ableton Live of the Model:Samples nothing happens.
Is it possible to record any knob (CUTOFF, RESONANCE, etc…) in realtime in Ableton Live?
The MS receives MIDI CC´s / via MIDI IN (when writing the automation, 74# for CUTOFF, the MS changes the setting for the CUTOFF - GREAT !) - but what´s going on with MIDI OUT.
When I´m starting the playback of Ableton Live the MS starts, too …but when I try to change the setting for the CUTOFF with the knob of the MS, in Ableton it´s not recording this automation.

Thanks for any answer,
Alex

Go to Settings -> MIDI -> Filter -> Encs and make sure that you change the setting to I+E so that the knobs transmit CC as well as controlling internal M:S parameters. This might be the issue as I think the default setting is so the knobs only control internal parameters

1 Like

thanks for your answer :slightly_smiling_face:
yes I´ve changed this setting also to I+E -
nevertheless Ableton doesn´t read the changes of every MS knob :frowning:

if it´s possible to send MIDI CC´s to Ableton of all knobs something´s strange with my new Model:Samples.
All my other Hardware Synths send MIDI CC´s to Ableton.
maybe the Model:Samples is not working properly ?!?
I´ve tried it with USB and MIDI connection (and changed the settings always for MIDI or USB / or both)

1 Like

Try the track menu, you also need to check a box to get each track to transmit MIDI. I think it’s Func + Track

2 Likes

Apart from the M:S settings mentioned above, there are also Ableton settings required to record automation. This article should help:

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/automation-and-editing-envelopes/

Edit: Specifically, sections 19.1 and 19.2 deal with recording automation with the “Automation Arm” button near the transport controls on the top toolbar. This is likely the piece of information you are missing.

2 Likes

press & hold track and choose one of the 6 tracks (T1 - T6) …I tried :sleepy:

No it’s a checkbox for sending midi that can change on a per-track basis. It’s not choosing a track, it’s a menu for the current track that is displayed by Func+Track (I think). It’s muxh more likely settings than a broken M:S so don’t panic!

2 Likes
  it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to all of you !!! :slight_smile:

tallrobphilp:
it was really Func & Track and than:
checkmark Mout :+1:
oh, what a fantastic sunday afternooooon,
thanks sooooo much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. Can you possibly break down the settings for a complete newbie? I have Samples and Komplete Audio 6 mk1 Interface. I literally have spent hours and even purchased the Model Samples VST to try and connect to Ableton. I want to be able to perform on the samples inside of Ableton lite or Bitwig studio and use other instruments as other tracks to suplekent the 6 on the Samples. I have tried everything mentioned but at momo can only get Samples in as Audio?

MERCIIIIII A TOI , sa fait plusieurs jours que je suis sur ce problème là