Midi talk. I have a DSI Rev2, considering a DT. What cool ways can I connect them?

Hey dudes, I had a few questions regarding the DT’s midi sequencing. I had a DT for a little while in the past but only used it as a standalone portable groovebox. I never integrated it with any of my hardware at that time.

I’m considering grabbing the DT again and I have some questions about possibilities for my setup. I’m new to midi sequencing external gear in general so I don’t really know whats possible. ATM I mostly record and layer audio from my rev2.

I’ve heard the DT has some issues with poly midi sequencing. What are these exactly? I’m aware of the 4 voice limit and I was also wondering if there were work arounds. I’m really just going to spitball some ideas and concerns I had.

My rev2 is the keyboard version. Can I use the keyboard on my synth to play and record midi from my synth? I planned on using the DT as a sort of midi looper. Recording in some note data on the fly while still being able to adjust parameters from the Rev2 panel.

I know the DT offers some awesome CC plocking. Is this possible while retaining knob use on my Rev2?

The Rev2 is Bitimbral. I was wondering if I could use two separate midi sequences to control different portions of a split patch. Would be cool to have 4 voices each.

Open to suggestions and ideas. I’m really just trying to wrap my head around the potential setup ideas.

It’d be a good fit if you will use the sampler portion of the DT and are OK with the limitations of the Elektron step-style sequencer. With 8 MIDI tracks to dedicate to your Rev2 you should be able to do just about anything you want. The 4-note limitation is simply that per step, you can have 4 notes, but they all must trigger at the same time. Glissandi for example, is next to impossible on the Elektron sequencer.

If you want a more traditional, full-featured event-based sequencer, I’d look elsewhere.

hey yo,

i’m pretty interested in this. Did you find an answer anywhere?
cheers

The Rev2 can receive on two consecutive MIDI channels in its Multi Mode so, yes, this can be done for Stacked or Split programs.

1 Like

Thank you friend. I love this forum.