MIDI start command, Pro Tools, sequencers, and sync

Hi all, first time long time. I’ve learned a ton here about my Digitakt and appreciate all the knowledge that’s shared so freely and in good spirits (as well as the tunes and set ups), so I’m hoping someone might be able to help with this problem that I’ve been trying to fix for over a year.

I’ve got a rev2 that has an arp and a sequencer that will only play in sync with Pro Tools if I start playback from Pro Tools at the very beginning of the time line. Through lots of internet searches and talking to Sequential, I’ve learned that the rev2 (along with a lot of other gear out there) only syncs to a DAW if it receives a MIDI start command. The problem is that Pro Tools only sends that command at the beginning of the time line and when playback starts from anywhere else in the time line it sends a MIDI continue command.

So, I’m wondering if anyone else has bumped into this problem and come up with a solution. Maybe there’s some software (I’m on a Mac) or hardware out there that converts a MIDI continue command to a MIDI start command? Or a way to actually record a MIDI start command into a MIDI region and move it around the time line as needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx.