Midi setup - Keystep, Octatrack, Digitakt, and Modular (Hermod)

Hi all, wondering whether anyone could help me out as I can’t for the life of me get my head round how to set this up correctly.

I’m trying to make all my gear work together - I want to be able to play both my modular and Digitakt through the Keystep, while also ensuring the Digitakt, octatrack and Hermod are all synced to the same clock etc. I’m struggling to figure out how best to route this at the moment. When I just used a DT and Hermod with the Keystep I just plugged the Keystep into the DT midi in and then routed it through the out to the Hermod. Incorporating the OT into this complicates things a bit, and I’m not sure how to go about it.

Would be super grateful if anyone has any advice!

Welcome.

Some informations are missing
Do you want to use KS arp / sequencer ?
Do you want to use OT and DT midi tracks to control other synths ?

Several possibilities.

Thanks mate, no real need to use the KS arp/sequencer.

No other synths - just controlling the modular with this. I basically want to incorporate the OT into my previous setup which had KS - DT - Hermod. KS allowing me to play the DT chromatically and also controlling the modular with the DT’s midi tracks.

KS midi channel = DT Auto Channel

DT master :
KS OUT > DT IN
DT OUT > OT IN
OT THRU > HERMOD

OT master :
KS OUT > OT IN
OT OUT > DT IN
DT THRU > HERMOD
(Set an OT midi track set with the same midi channel as DT Auto Channel to pass KS thru OT midi OUT)

Master : Clock and Transport Send checked
Slave : Clock and Transport Receive checked

I’d choose OT master in order to record “perfect” audio loops (recorded with OT’s tempo, not potentially fluctuating external one).

1 Like

Amazing, this is perfect. Appreciate it!

1 Like