Midi Sequencing notes keep hanging

When I play my midi sequence the external gear keeps"hangin". Not on all the notes no, just on maybe 33% of them.
IF I play the MnM keyboard to play externel gear, I hear the same thing, again on some of the notes, not all of them. It’s like the sound has a very long rdecay/release setting. Sometimes it resets when playing a new note, sometimes i have to switch on/off the MnM and the gear. I have a midi merger after the MnM, also there I can see the “hanging” because the incoming data led suddenly keeps lighted up.

I’ve had this problem as well

If I connect the MnM to my fear directly I dont have problems. So maybe its my midi chain problem (mergers, ect ect)

I’ve noticed this too, especially when using the Arp , which will caarry on playing the arp sequence, It’s directly cabled, is this “normal”? This is a new unit built in March.

Totally normal, mostly when you hit stop. Double press it to kill all notes.

Yeah I know of the double-stop, same on the other boxes. Shame there is no option to send Note-off on track mute, or at least not one I have found.

“If I connect the MnM to my fear…”

Best type I’ve seen in a long time.

1 Like

gear :smiley: To funny to edit :wink:

1 Like

I noticed the same behavior last night with my Alesis ion. If I restart the ion, things snap back to normal. I noticed this happens when I select a row int he song editor. Once I do that, all the notes will hang (I say “get long”). This behavior will continue despite a double stop, though that will stop the notes momentarily. Similarly a “panic” press on the ion will stop the notes, but as soon as I continue to play, the notes get long.

I haven’t started any troubleshooting, because I was into the jam. So, I just restarted the ion and moved on.