MIDI Out Pressure Settings Incorrectly Labeled

I’d like to report that sending pad pressure via midi only works when “encoder destination” is set to ext (or int+ext)

I spent an hour trying to figure out why my pads weren’t sending cc data to my polyend 2, given that I had “pressure dest” set to int+ext (also tried ext only) I went nuts checking other settings, restarting devices, switching to and from over bridge mode thinking that might be the problem.

I remember discussing this before, possibly, and hearing that performance data isn’t seen as pad pressure, that only aftertouch in the main mode is considered to be “pressure” - so I’d like to suggest that the setting “encoder data dest” be renamed to “enc/perf dest”.

In the meantime I hope this post saves someone else some time.

1 Like

At least this could be clarified in the manual. @eangman?

Thanks for this note. I am looking to start integrating pad pressure into my setups.

Can someone point me to the page on the manual where it notes what CC is sent from the pad? Or is it the same as that which it receives, ie 35-47?

Edit: Couldn’t find it but tested and yes it sends 35 and 36 (so assuming the others) over Performance Ch. Fun.