MIDI note range per track?

Hi, I’ve searched but wasn’t able to find an answer, so please excuse the post if it’s redundant and I’m just blind.

I was wondering if the Model:Samples tracks can have a MIDI note range limited within a certain boundary. Use case would be to say have multiple piano samples over note ranges on the same channel, or split the keys of a controller between two different samples over one channel, etc.

The range for incoming note messages cannot be varied from the default 12 to 60 on each channel.

If you wanted just one pitch per track (which is unlikely to satisfy your needs), you can just use note numbers 0 to 5 which would trigger the samples on tracks 1 to 6 respectively.

Ah okay. So the idea of making a piano instrument with a few samples of various root notes would be impossible. I take it each track is limited to a single sample (aside from a sequenced workaround using various start points of a longer sample of multiple notes).

Thanks a million for your reply. I was thinking the M:S could make a centrepiece for a live rig, but not this particular use case. Awesome to find out before getting one. I really appreciate it.