Midi messages on start

So i checked and OT is indeed sending the right Bank/Program messages when powering up… still the selected program and settings are not the right ones.
I can see the right banks selected on the synths but the sound is not the right one.
Even on one of the synths the notes are transposed 3 semitones lower. When i change program back and forth all is fine but i still have to move the knobs for the CC to be taken in account.

I am lost.

Sorry to hear that but without clear details with your settings, examples of wrong PCs, it’s hard to deceipher…

Example ?

Probably a specific CC sent from OT changing that…

CC or PC ?

Not sent with double stop ?

That’s the most strange: the MIDI PC are identical before and after but sound different.

I checked the notes and transpose setting, all is fine but the « default » patch loaded is like transposed (maybe it could be a transposition within the synth preset but i dunno which one is loaded in reality). Just changing the bank back and forth solves it. Happens only on one synth.

Double STOP resends the correct MIDI messagesbut i have to have the MIDI tracks already unmuted. Tracks are muted and i press double stop, whenever i unmute them the settings are wrong again.

Probably CCs sent in the equation…

Ah mutes. PCs are sent even if tracks are muted isn’t it ?

Yes messages are still sent. Muting/unmuting a track also sends a message.

I’d check that. Probably a CC sent, messing with synth settings…
What midi monitor says? :content:

So here are three different screens for MIDI monitoring.

The synth is on channel 12.

First one are the messages sent by OT when powering up.

Second is what happens when playing straight afterwards. The sound is not the one i want.

Third one is what happens after a double stop, the sound is correct that time.

My brains turns a bit jelly now. At least i learnt that it changes when a MIDI Track is active or not before pressing Play.

Not sure if it helps but i made screen captures when i press double Stop with muted track.

This is what happens when i unmute the track:

And now with Double stop (track is now active and the sound is the right one):

Is this the only synth/plugin with the issue? Or are all of your other ios synths off as well?

And what synth? Some synths are off by 1 patch (because internally they start counting at 0).

Apparently you set CCs in CTRL1/2.
They are sent and change the sound of your patch.

Which is normal.

So I’ll check that again, you can disable CC OUT in MIDI > CONTROL to avoid midi tracks mutes CC send at first.

That seems to be what OP intended.

Perhaps it would help to save the patches inside the app, after those additional CCs have been sent?

Then you could get away with sending only program change.

Messing with his saved patch and change its sound ? :content:

If you want to modulate a patch, default OT CCs have to match the patch indeed.

Additionally @Blasted_pingin was sending PCs from MIDI SYNC, and CCs from track mutes. So I think it would be better to start from scratch with 2 patterns to chack if everything is ok, and find according workflow.

Well, my interpretation was that he wants to get back to a starting point, which is not the default sound when the app is started.

So I would try to save that desired sound inside the app, so it’s not dependent on the additional cc’s being sent. Of course the app has to be able to do that (user bank whatever). Use the OT for further automation from that point on.

I say just make another “OT sucks” thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I had to hold myself back, but now I’m gonna say it.
Are you sure it’s not just because of the OT “sound” that the patch sounds different? :wink:

program changes are finnicky to begin with in iOS. I’m not suprised the double stop fixes it as it resets AUM for bar 1, beat 1
and honestly…im so use to hitting stop like 5 times when stopping anything on elektron boxes

Youre not wrong. I’ve double blind A/B’ed many devices against the OT.
The OT’s MIDI ports are def not up to snuff with PC messages.
It just imparts its own color on the voltage.

None of the synths start with the right patch, i always have to change and come back.

Of course CC change the sound but not the preset itself. Sometimes it is hard to say if it is a different preset or just different CC though.

I’ll try that and tell the result. That would be one step less already.

I could do that but would end up with thousand of different patches, at least dozens for the same preset. Each time i would tweak, i’d have to save as a preset within the app. Not very convenient.

Keep holding :wink:

Isn’t AUM state saving for you? Or are these IAA apps?

Aum is saving the routing, i don’t think it can save apps state. I think Audiobus does that.
Yes they are IAA apps.