Midi map editing

Hello there, long time Machinedrum owner here, I recently added a Rytm to the studio (or sitting room as most people call it).

Anyway I’ve been through the manual a few times but couldn’t find any option to change the midi mapping of the drum sounds.

The Machinedrum has a map editor option where I can change what midi note triggers what drum sound, but the Rytm seems to be missing this or am I mistaken? I know you can trigger the notes using C0-B0 but I’d like to move these around if possible.

You are correct.

I’m afraid you need to do the remapping outside the AR.

1 Like

You could just plug a Midi processor between your controller and the Rytm as a workaround.

EDIT: … what tsutek just said :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is a midi processor?

A box like this:
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm
or a personal computer running MIDI-processing software.

1 Like

You’re the best, Peter. Thanks!

1 Like

Bomebox can do this too, or a pc on a stick with a USB MIDI interfaace.

1 Like

Does this mean if I try to sequence : rytm mk2 + drumbrute, using the key step pro, all the keys not assigned to the rytm will still be trigged even when playing keys assigned to the drumbrute ? I have this problem… same with a beatstep pro/circuit/model cycles combination…
it seems the solution mentioned just before could work in my case , but it would make my midi architecture even more complex… I apologise for my poor English and hope someone understands what I mean :slight_smile:

You can just use bomes translator software if you’re getting a pc involved.

please try to better explain what you want to do… kann dir auch auf deutsch weiterhelfen, ausnahmsweise… :smile: