Midi learn Octatrack to Slim Phatty

Hi guys, been searching how to do the Midi learn to add Filter etc in the Octatrack. I’m missing something here…
I can change programs and patches but this cannot Grrr

Can anyone give me some help please ?

Another thing, I have a cable Y 1 out stereo to 2 outs mono. I can hear only one side , what cables do u use ?

For both your questions, please describe what you are trying to connect to the Octatrack and which ports you are using, so that we can try to answer the questions.

Im trying to assign Slim Phatty Filter by doing the Midi Learn in Octatrack. When I do this (F + click button) Midi learn appears then I move Filter in phatty but Octa does not recognizes.
Slim phatty is receiving in Midi Channel 16 don’t know if is this what u were asking

Slim Phatty must be both sending and receiving midi for Midi learn.
Same for OT : it’s a both ways conversation :smile:

1 Like

Hmm let me see if I understand that .
I only have octatrack midi out to midi in to phatty.
Do i have also to connect Phatty midi out to Octa midi in?

Exactly : how would Slim Phatty explain to OT which signal to send ?

It’s just for Midi learn though.
Once OT knows, you can unplug the SP out to OT MIDI in cable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Grrrr im a dumb newbie ahah , many thanks :slight_smile:

How about this cable to connect and hear it both left and right ?

SP is mono.
But there is a way : shit down DIR volume in OT mixer.
Choose a track and set it with a THRU machine.
Set it to play only A input (if your SP is plugged in A input).
And don’t forget to place a trig on step 1 while in grid mode.

2 Likes

Use a thru track instead of the mixer. The mixer page can’t downmix to mono, so if you have something plugged in to just A rather than A+B you’ll only hear it in one channel.

Alternatively, if you’re desperate to not sacrifice a a track, get some kind of stereo stompbox that takes a mono signal and spits it out in stereo. My cheap zoom ms70 does a great job of this and you get a bunch of FX as a bonus.

Edit: garrr beaten to the punch by the Dalai!

1 Like

Ohh that’s perfect Thanks guys it will work this way then I’ll buy other cable .

To do this midi learning thing Phatty send and receive can be the same channel ? (16 in my case )?

Yes