Midi Foot Controller Question

I took a look at the manual out of curiosity, and found it one of the most confusing manuals I’ve ever read. It looks like your pedal board is specifically designed to match other Rocktron gear and I found no mention on how to assign values to CC’s, they only talk about “on/off midi messages”. That doesn’t mean much to me, and sure is not universal. I’m afraid your pedal board is not very useful with an Octatrack or with any other non-Rocktron gear unless you add some midi processor to translate what seems to be fixed values (like 0=off 127=on) into the values you actually need to control other midi equipment. But that’s quite a hassle and an additional expense. Unless you really need that pedal for gear you already own, my advice would be to get a more flexible one.

1 Like

Same here. That’s what I was previously thinking.

The Controller access mode allows for the use of on/off MIDI control changes.

1 Like

Haha most confusing manuals. So it’s not me… I will sell it asap. I would like something compact and able to send notes. 3 buttons should suffice…

@RogerPaolo the logidy umi3 has three buttons, sends notes etc and has been shown to work with the OT pickup machines. @AndreN has a nice video on it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8iEe8lAPSE

hey SamvanLan, yep, I saw that one, but this pedal has nog midi DIN out, which implies that I need an interface. Looking for something small with midi DIN out. LIke https://www.famcmusic.com/product/liquid-foot-mini/ but then for a decent price…

Check the thread ^^

1 Like

@RogerPaolo yeah short story long is a recently bought the logidy umi3 and the $55 midiplus midi usb host. I could not get it to talk to my rytm at all so I decided to return it and have the soleman coming now.

It may have worked with the Kenton usb midi host but for some reason $140 for a little converter is hard for me to get pumped about!

Sam

Iconnectmidi2+ do more for less money.

New Morningstar FX hardware!

I love my MC6. The new design and on-board programing looks really nice.

5 Likes

Also love my mc6, and I tried the sole mate and umi3. Mc6 works great with my rytm.

I like the almost quarter OT size format of my Hx Stomp and Micromonsta, MC6 and Zoia seems similar…
I’d rather go for an MC6 with my Hx Stomp, but the Zoia is so attracting > DIY midi controller instead of MC6.

Hi there… I quickly red the manual of the yamaha mcf10… I’m not sure I understand. Is this pedal board able to send midi clock too? I’m asking because I red in the manual that it controls tempo of external devices… If it actually do that, it could be the solution to all of my problems…

I don’t think so. Probably a Yamaha function, doesn’t seem a common midi message.
Edit : it’s a Sysex.

The MFC10 can send start/continue/stop.
Why do you need midi clock?

Because with the tests I made It looks like that Digitakt won’t start with a start message otherwise. I own a rolls midi buddy which can actually can send midi start and stop… Indeed it stop the sequencer, but when I push the start button something happens but not what it should… The sequencer start after about 20sec…
This is what the yamaha manual say:
Tempo Control (Ft) [STATUS=Ft] Ft
DATA/CTRL 030~250 (Tempo Value)
The tempo of external devices can be controlled within a range of 30-250 beats per minute.
what do you think?

It’s a SYSEX, probably recognize by Yamaha gear only. Changing tempo wouldn’t change your Start problem. But sending a regular Start message with the MFC10 should work.

The midi buddy is probably faulty. I’d check what it really sends with a midi monitor.

Actually I tried another configuration and it works, but It won’t be my setup. Here what I did: I let my minilogue to be master clock then with a midi merge (midisports 2x2) I merged the mknilogue and the midibuddy midi signals to the DT, and it actually starts immediately…

On the DT, what if you disable Clock Receive?

Edit : @Eb82 I made a test with OT and A4.

If A4 Clock Receive is checked, it waits for clock and don’t start with when I press Start on OT, with transport only.
A4 starts if I disable its Clock Receive or send clock.

Should work simiilarly with DT, check Transport Receive only.

I just tried. If I disable clock receive… Nothing happens… It doesnt starts at all. To say the truth I tried the midibuddy directly in the minilogue too, and it works better: the sequencer start after 1 second… I think I have to merge the pedal board with something which can send midi clock too, but I need something cheap, beacause it’ s crazy to spend hundreds when I just need to push a play button… I didnt think that this simple thing would be so difficult… and at the moment I’m not sure if it’s possible

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it is!

Try MidiBuddy directly in DT (no merger), with Transport Receive only (Clock Receive Off). Should work.

If it doesn’t it is not normal and I’d check midi cables and MidiBuddy out with a midi monitor.

Ok, maybe I’m missing something… Transport receive only means that I only have to disable midi clock receive? I did… but it doesnt work… Midybuddy works with minilogue and I just tried with korg monotribe… well it work with it too… But with the digitakt… nothing

1 Like