Hello to all! Second post. Happy new OT user here.
[Now edited and corrected :)]
I have a question re midi configuration. I want to configure:
- OT mk 2 (Has midi in, out, thru);
- Blofeld Keys (has midi in, out but NO THRU)
- Ableton Live 10 (Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface with midi in/out).
Things are slightly tricky because the Blofeld doesn’t have a midi Thru- this means I can’t “daisy chain” in the usual way.
My objectives are to do the following simultaneously:
- To send and recieve midi between the OT and Blofeld. I want to trigger trigs with the Blo Keys, and also sequence the Blofeld with midi (requiring communication both ways).
- To also sync the ableton and OT transports - so that Ableton starts when I start the octatrack, and ableton syncs to the OT clock (or vice versa).
Will I be able to achieve this objective with my current configuration? I think the answer is no. In which case will a midi in/out box like the Midiface 4x4 allow me to do this?