Midi controlling FX pedals

Who’s using Midi for controlling their FX pedals (or rack FX)? What sort of interface/controller are you using? I think I’m going to pick up a Disaster Area qConnect to streamline my workflow.

I have played around with just midi out from the DT and controlling my Strymon pedals. Works great. Just need to dig into the midi implementation charts from whatever manufacturer. You specifically looking to have foot control?

1 Like

I don’t use any interface , just midi ?
Cos my fx have midi ccs ?

What am I missing , why would someone need that box ?

1 Like

Correct.

Most of my midi enabled pedals only have a quarter inch midi inputs, so it makes interfacing easier. Also, when you’re hooking up 2,3,4, or more pedals via midi, you’re likely going to need some sort of midi interface.

There are a lot out there. Well not a whole lot but I’m sure you’ve seen this already - https://www.sweetwater.com/c513--Foot__and__Pedalboard_MIDI_Controllers I think I read recently that the Kieth McMillan stuff can be set up with all the CCs mapped to the parameters you want. Maybe that all can though. There are ones specifically geared towards Strymon & Eventide too but hella expensive. Let us know what you end up with! Sounds interesting and although it’s not something I’m planning on doing I’m really interested in how you will work this into your setup and what it gets you.

I got it in the other day. Might take me till next week before I have time to wire/set everything up.

I got one of these:
Morning Star MC6

LOVE it

I use one of these to control 3 Meris pedals. I mainly use it as a router/converter & control the pedals using a Squarp Pyramid (which is fantastic for this).

1 Like