Midi controller to digitakt to analog keys

I need help setting up the digitakt’s midi setup to accept notes from a midi controller that will record the midi info into the digitakt. Then those midi notes in the digitakt will trigger notes on the analog keys.

I have it working without the midi controller so please don’t suggest gmtaking it out of the chain.

My melodies need more than one octave in real time recording mode

here’s an explanation to bobeats.

Here’s bo beats reply:

For external midi controllers you use auto channel. Go to settings, channels, auto channel. Pick whatever channel you want. Then set your external device to that channel. Then you should be able to play the selected channel and record into that channel (both midi and audio channels).

Here’s another from synthtopia

Hi guys,

I’m new to this forum and try to look for my answer by reading some topics. But maybe some of you could answer this maybe basic question.

The BoBeats tutorial shows that u can play the sounds of the minilogue with the dititakt but is it possible to record live on the digitakt while playing the sounds of the minilogue on the minilogue ?

I try to understand the manual but well…Sometimes u know… :slight_smile :slight_smile:

Thx u !

CD