MIDI controller to change multiple parameters at the same time?

Did anyone experience with external MIDI controller to change multiple DT/DN parameters at once?

Like you turn one knob, sample length is reduced, reverb increased, … Or even a pad to mimic the AR performance pads :star_struck:

Kenton Freak

1 Like

Midi designer pro 2 app on iPad

Most hardware controllers I’ve tried are very basic , and I’ve tried most of them. ( except kenton freak )

Yeah you need something with advanced programmability. Most MIDI controllers can be configured to send one thing per control.

There are some foot controllers that can send multilple midi messages from one button, Lake Butler Midi Mitigator, Yamaha MFC10, Behringer FCB1010 for example.
Some foot controllers let you use an expression pedal to control those buttons.
So you could use the expression pedal as a sort of pad controller to spit out multiple cc mesages.
Should work, no?
Never tried…

Keith McMillen Softstep has those pressure sensitive buttons, more pressure applied, higher value send.
Also has an x/y mode, that can send two cc messages on the x/y axis.
Not sure if it can send multiple cc messages at once, though.

Look at the Modulation Functionality

might want to have a look at this one, won’t allow to increase/decrease values at the same time though as it works more like CTRAL

1 Like

On midi designer pro 2 you can define a lot of knobs and dials and use a super controller to use them all

In the past I’ve.
Setup a delay controller to use specific values to keep delay time only using tempo synced values. ( instead of just incrementing by 1 which most are limited to)

Swept the base filter up while narrowing the high value

Narrowed the stereo width of the delay.

All these were setup on their own specific dial / fader using a table of values.
Then they were all moved at the same time using a super controller.

When I let go they could
Stay at current values
Return to default over a set time.
Snap back to default.

Depending how I defined things

It’s a very powerful controller app once you get used to it , but I found the interface quite annoying. But you may not.

Folks, thanks a lot for all your answers be sure I’ll dig them all.

I’m also not against doing some electronic to make it happen, I’ll keep you updated here if I ever jump in that rabbit hole.

Hi. Jumping in here to see if you got something going. I’m new to the DT and wishing I could control more than one parameter at the same time. Ideally across 2 or 3 tracks. I’m driving myself nuts having to switch between screens between sample and midi tracks when trying to record a song.

Nothing yet, but I think with USB compliance we might have some new ways to do this.
Does anyone know how to go over this?

On the hardware side, I do remember seeing something in this video though: