Midi controller for OT

I’m using an UC-33, and don’t need to reprogram it on startup.
for you PS, I’m not sure to understand, but you can use the presets to program different controls. I do this, sliders on every preste have the same action, and knobs are different, for example.

There was some discussion on here about the new MPD 32 and it seems like an amazing controller for the Octa. It works standalone so thats key, and it has all the faders and knobs and pads you could want. Seems ideal.

Hi!

On page 183 of the manual (MIDI Mode CTRL Change Mappings) it seems to indicate that cc nos. 55 and 56 select Scenes A and B respectively.

How?

What I mean is, if I assign MIDI cc 55 to one controller knob and MIDI cc 56 to another, how exactly would the knob movements affect scene selection?

Hi all,

Has anyone used an APC 40 (mk1)?

Anyone got a mapping?

Got Inspektor Gadjets new CerebelUSB on the way and keen to try it out, but not sure if i will work.

Wondering if it would be possible to use the pads as trigs, but in different trig modes.

So have the first two rows of 8 being trig mode, the next two being chormatic and the last two being slices or delay control mode.

You could also have one set of pots controling the active track and one set the master for example.

Could be cool but beyond my understanding of MIDI to tell if its possible

There was some discussion on here about the new MPD 32 and it seems like an amazing controller for the Octa. It works standalone so thats key, and it has all the faders and knobs and pads you could want. Seems ideal.[/quote]
I found the thread and will give it a read through. That’s great that it runs standalone though! I just might have to pick one of these up once I get around to learning how to use the OT…
Thanks!

Has anyone here used an iPad apps to control an Octatrack?

If so, what setings do you use on the OT?

I’m trying to use the Mi.1 bluetooth wireless MIDI system. The MIDI connection appears in the list of inputs and outputs in the Beatmaker 2 app. The MIDI Monitor utility app also confirms the connection of the Mi.1 MIDI i/o’s.

However, I can’t get the app or OT to start each other’s respective transports.

Any thoughts?

Go to the OT’s PROJECT > MIDI > SYNC menu:

[ul]
[li]for the OT to receive transport messages, activate ‘TRANSP RECV’, [/li]
[li]for the OT to receive clock (tempo) messages, activate ‘CLOCK RECV’,[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]for the OT to send transport messages, activate ‘TRANSP SEND’,[/li]
[li]for the OT to send clock (tempo) messages, activate ‘CLOCK SEND’.[/li]
[/ul]

Check page 42 of the OT manual.

Thanks, Peter – I definitely appreciate the feedback! I’d followed those steps, but to no avail. I got my OT to play nice with my iPad via regular, wired MIDI – but not using the Mi.1 product.

Seems like I have some more Mi.1 troubleshooting to do. :-/

Sending CC numbers 55 or 56 to the OT changes the Scene assigned to Scene slot A or Scene slot B respectively.
In both cases, a value of 0 selects Scene 1, a value of 1 selects Scene 2, … , a value of 15 or higher selects Scene 16.

Thanks for that feedback, Peter!

I’m totally stumped on another point. I’ve assigned track 1 to slot play mode. I’ve loaded samples into the first 16 slots and I’m trying to advance to skots 17-32 so that I can play samples assigned to these slots, too. However, the pattern page key does nohing.

Is there a nice mapping for the UC-33 in combnation with the OT and/or the MnM out there?

thanks and all the best to you guys
ron

Just ordered a “Pocket Fader.”
I’ll report back once I get things going.

My current compromise is a “frankenstein box”, a hw/sw hybrid made from stuff that was lying around unused… Cheaper than getting a new faderfox and quicker than building it from scratch.
The thing needs a better enclosure for performing live and is rather ugly, but in terms of flexibility it’s on par with the best MIDI controllers out there, as you can run MMP or lemur “on it” : )

Is anybody experienced programming the UC-33 to the OT.
I cant figure out, how to do a full reset of the UC-33 - there are some weird assignments the preuser I bought it from, made & I would like to start from scratch (?)

PS: is the DIR in the mixer section mapable?

Not directly. But you could create a scene that controls XDIR and then control scene selection and cross fader position using MIDI CC messages.

Hello,

Is anybody experienced programming the Livid DS 1 to the Octatrack ???

Peter, thanks for the advice: I’ll have a closer look to that!
Tried to find the Midi CC messages for cross fader position etc. in the “elektron cc chart” - nothing to find (?)

@francois: interesting idea (close to the launch control xl project you can find on the web, even though this beast is expensive as hell just for having an usb port (I’d go for UC33 or Bitstream!)

Read page C-2 of the Octatrack manual.

I’m currently using an older m-audio Axiom 49 with my OT and A4.
The 9 faders are mapped to vol of tracks. except faders 8 and 9 ( no need for master vol control over midi) 8&9 I use to control one lfo rate and depth
The push buttons underneath the faders I use to arm tracks. I don’t really use the pots/encoders however since they have no start/end to them.
Keybed is used to play the A4 with aftertouch modulation.
Not the perfect controller but it’s working for the moment.

does anyone know if its possible to control 2 Octatracks with 1 MIDI controller? Via a MIDI splitter or something like that?