MIDI control over CUE levels?

Hello there.
I am using the cue outputs on the octatrack like an effects send to my eurorack modular in my current set up. I have a little doepfer midi controller set up to control the volume of each track but I’m wondering if I can do the same with the tracks cue levels too. I wasn’t able to find any info about cc numbers for those.
The best guide I’ve found for elektron midi mappings came from here: https://bluewolfse7en.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/elektron-cc-chart_1-2-compiled-by-bw7.pdf
But there was no mention of cue levels.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

Thanks!

Its CC 47.
you will find the complete midi specs in the manual

Oh thanks.
I don’t know how i missed that one

is it possible to control individual channel levels over MIDI?

The levels of individual audio tracks? If so, use CC 7 on the MIDI channels that are assigned to the audio tracks.

Or so you mean the Cue levels of the individual audio tracks? If so, use CC 47 on the MIDI channels that are assigned to the audio tracks.

the full listing of CC assignments is given on page C-2 of the manual.

1 Like

It’s interesting to midi control Amp page VOL too. CC25.

2 Likes

do i assign channels for cc7 or are they fixed?

maybe i thought CC was always all channels

A MIDI Control Change message can only be sent on a specific MIDI channel.

2 Likes

For track volume I use cc46, you can use cc7, but that is the message the octatrack spits out. Handy if your controller can handle bi-directional midi.

3 Likes

ok great! i set up with a midi drawbar controller. works like a charm. thank you SO much

Checked the manual and found some Hex value for the cue level. How does this translate to a CC value?How do I set this up on a midi track?
I want to modulate the cue levels and I’m guessing midi CC mapping is the only way but I’m confused about how to translate the hex value in the manual into a midi CC value.
Any ideas?

The manual shows that this table presents both a Hexadecimal value and the Decimal equivalent

2F Hex is the same as 47 Dec

So CC is 47 for your purposes

4 Likes

Thanks. I couldn’t find the topic. I’m going to use midi loopback. Didn’t know rhe decimal=the CC.