Midi Control for Push pages?

i want to know if this is possible.

Someone brought up how, with various software instruments, you can be sorting through multiple pages for sound design. I can certainly see how that wouldn’t be ideal.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to control push 2 with some midi keyboard or something buttony to jump directly to a certain page to make the sound design interface more like OT forward instead of the silver boxes sequential order.

Or, if that’s not possible, would it be more beneficial to get a LaunchControl XL and set up different templates for it for whichever instrument I’m working on(if THATS possible)

I know, I know…such great strides to go for just avoiding the simplicity of just using my damn mouse :smiley:

I’m not sure if I get you correctly. You can have Pages of 8 parameters, and you can select between these pages.
You can have it like on the Octa or A4. One page for oscillator parameters, one for filter etc.
I had Diva and Monark mapped liked that and it worked great, almost like on the A4. A drawback, you can’t change the name of your pages. Like “filter page” or something. Pages are just numbered, so you have to remember in which page your filter parameters are e.g.
The more complex the vst, the more parameters needed, the more confusing it gets.
But Monark, or TAL UNO lx, or most of Diva etc. Works quite well.

You can map them with 3rd Party software. Isotonik PrEditor for Push will do this apparently. I say apparently because I bought it (it was only £20 or something) but there are scripts to install. I’ve attempted it but can’t get it working.

1 Like

You know how, on the MonoMachine, there are-I think- 7 pages and you can either go to the next page and the previous page so- if you were on page 3 and you want to go to page 6, you’d have to go to page 4, then 5, and finally reach page 6?

Compare that to everything Elektron made starting from the OT onward, where navigation is more direct where you just push a single button and jump directly to the page you want to be on. That’s what I’m hoping to rig with the Push 2(when I get it).

Say I have 10 pages of parameters, I want to be able to midi map to directly select which page I’m on and remove scrolling.

Thanks to both of you for your replies! I’ll investigate that custom mapping software you suggested and see if that could accomplish what I’m trying to do!

you can jump between pages on Push 2 like on the newer elektrons. Each page has it’s dedicated button

1 Like

Holy moley! That’s exciting! Even for external instruments like the Komplete package?

Edit: now that you mention it, I think I remember that!

Thanks! (I’m dumb)

1 Like

even for external instruments. But you have to map them yourself. but it’s pretty easy in ableton.
You can find mappings and scripts on the net. There is a guy on facebook who creates mappings for the presets of the most popular synth vsts and sells it for a euro or something.
Simple synths like monark are very easily mappible and feel almost like normal hardware imo. Like an A4 but with a better display :wink: but more complicated synths need to match paramters to map for my taste. It gets confusing

Edit: Just joking. Monark can’t feel like an A4. But you get my point :okej:

1 Like

Yeah. I think it’s called AudioModder, definitely buying that as soon as I get a Push 2. :slight_smile:

It’s just a matter of clicking the little triangle on the top left, and then clicking configure on the top right. From there you just move the control on the vst and it should appear as a slider. The attached image shows the defaults as an example. From there you can delete controls you may not use, add ones you do etc. Personally I’ve found a couple pages of 8 controls to be enough for most things, and I fuck with reaktor blocks heavily (lots of knobs/options seem cool in my head, but realistically…especially with modulation…how many do I REALLY need available). I’m also not sure 8 is the limit. IIRC once you hit the edge of 8 there will be little arrows to continue scrolling.

You also have 8 macros available as well that can be mapped to multiple controls at once…

Also not every plugin reacts the same to the knob twists, so you might find yourself holding down the shift button while rotating a knob to get a usable amount of precision. I ran into that issue with a user block where the knob would turn things in larger increments.

3 Likes

Exactly. Everything you said.

Push2 was definitively the best software controller I ever used. I had 2 NI maschines and the first push as well.
Of course you have to use Ableton :slight_smile:

1 Like

another +1 for PrEditor, allows you to order the parameters on pages for vsts as you wish…
works really well, if your willing to put in the effort to configure it.

1 Like