MIDI configuration from Digitone to Eurorack

I am trying to setup my new Digitone to Shuttle System MIDI to CV USB module on my Endorphin.es modular system and also with ALM Busy Circuits Super Coupe using MIDI to CV modules on both. I set MIDI on the Digitone to send/receive MIDI in the Elektron configuration menu as well as channels 9-12 for MIDI tracks but no MIDI notes are sent to the modular. Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Have you hit the Midi button and put the notes on the 4 Midi tracks? If you put them on the 4 Synth tracks, no Midi is output, annoyingly.

1 Like

I did try that. I will try the Cargo editor from Endorphin.es with shuttle control and my Elektron MIDI settings once the new Macbook computer arrives. Endorphin.es support gave me some tips and will let you know what I find out.

I set MIDI on the Digitone to send/receive MIDI in the Elektron configuration menu as well as channels 9-12 for MIDI tracks

I think this might be your problem. In the Channels menu the things you set for the 4 MIDI tracks actually refer to the MIDI channels they’ll listen to, not what they send over. To set up the MIDI tracks, press the MIDI button, then one of the track selector buttons on the bottom right. Press the SYN1 button to go into the config for that track. Hold func and press data entry knob A (top left one) to activate the channel, then turn A until it’s the channel you want. Do this for all the tracks.

If you did do that, the other thing I could think of is that your MIDI tracks are muted: hold func and press the track buttons to mute/unmute.

2 Likes

Thanks will try this in my DN and OT. I need to first update the firmware on my Endorphin.es Shuttle control and try the cargo editor out that The good folks at Endorphin.es advised me to check out. Love the Endorphin.es modules!