Midi clock or Overbridge

Hi,
for whatever reason overbridge seems to work now without timing issues anymore. So until now I was using an erm multiclock to get a precise midi clock to drive rytm a4 and ot as well as some other gear.
Now that ob is working I am thinking if it makes sense to take the midi clock from the rytm or a4 and feed it into a splitter and into the ot and other gear instead of using the clockgenerator. I am moving places and need to get rid of as many cables as possible so leaving audio cables as well as a mot of midi stuff would help really. The question is if the rytm or a4 are capable of generating a good jitterfree midiclock from the overbridge signal.
cheers and thanks for helping

Keep the clock … my experience is that bad synchronisation in a computer/midi setup is almost everytime a computer issue. The computer is the “unstable” candidate. If your set-up is tight enough, great, keep it as is.

I would say that all Elektrons have tight internal clocks or respond tightly to an external clock. Overbridge is software running on a machine’s OS and can only be as reliable as this particular computer :wink:

1 Like