MIDI Channel internal keyboard/external device issue

Okay, I’ve really got to figure this out!

Occasionally over the past year or so I’ve tried to figure out a problem that appeared after some update and I’ve ended up giving up, and working around it.
But now I’m determined to get this working as it’s got to the point that it’s preventing me from making the music I want to make.

Hopefully someone can shine a light on this.
Problem:
OT keyboard works sending MIDI from one of its midi channels to my external device (Waldorf Striechfett) but when you record notes into the sequence (in any way, step or real time) those notes do not play external device. You can see the trigs, but they do nothing. However, you can play with the chromatic trigs from same channel and that works.
I’m on 1.30C. Haven’t upgraded to D because it didn’t mention any relevant bug fixes.

Anyone have this problem or have an idea what’s up?

Thanks

=)

This has happened to me occasionally. Have you tried it in a new project? My issue has always seemed to be isolated to the project. No idea why or how to replicate.

1 Like

Have you muted the sequencer track(s) or soloed another track?

I’m away from my studio now, gonna try a few other projects to check that. Thanks. But I’ve definitely had it working before, but it’s been so long that I was suspecting an update was the problem.
I’ll let you know how I get on :wink:

No no, it’s nothing silly like that!! I really know my way around the OT, but this is just plain weird behaviour. I’ll let you know if I figure it out.
Thanks for the suggestion.