Midi CC values reset per pattern, workarounds?

Dear fellow elektronauts,

New DT user here, I think I’ve just run into a severe limitation (to me) of the DT which I was not aware of when I pulled the trigger.
I’ve been sequencing external synths and I wanted to use a progression of patterns to build up a track during live sets. However it appears that CC values are stored per pattern, so when I’ve tweaked these values during one part of my set and I switch to a new pattern, the CC values don’t carry over, they are loaded as part of the next pattern, resulting in a “jump”.
For example if i do a filter sweep that spans 2 patterns, the sweep will be reset when the second pattern loads.

Does anyone have any useful tips on how to overcome this ?
How do you go about changing parameters in a live set while keeping consistency across patterns ?

1 Like

Experiencing the same with my Syntakt. I hope I am just missing something and this is possible.

Disable the CC (func+click the pots to see X) on the second pattern?
Means you can’t control the knob on the second pattern so not ideal at all, but it’s the only thing you can do to stop the CCs being sent on pattern switch.

A 3rd option for the CC knobs would be good here - Func+Click the knob to cycle tthrough modes:
Disabled, Enabled, and a new Thru mode that receives the previous pattern’s CC value.

2 Likes