MIDI Ableton Analog Rytm

Hi everyone,

I buy my AR a month ago and I love this machine.But I have two problems with my AR mk2, over ridge and ableton.

First one :When I want to record a sequence from my DAW. I program a sequence wich is play as a midi clip. The sequence is read by Ableton and I can hear the sequence played by my AR but when I press « Rec+play » nothing is recorded.

The second one : I want to record a sequence programmed in the AR. But when I press REC in my DAW everytrigs of every instruments are recorded on the same note (C1).

Is the community have a solution to my issue ?

Thks a lot

Welcome to the club … :smiley:

Just for the records …

• we can have a midi clip created inside of Ableton, send this out to AR, let AR play the beat and record the audio of the AR to an audio clip inside Ableton
  • we can also have a beat programmed on the AR and record the audio in any DAW

IMO it seems that you need to check the preferences and the setup of your DAW.

As an example. Ableton supports the so called “external instrument” as a particular plugin to send midi to an external device. AFAIK the audio has to be recorded to a separate audio track, which is listening to the “external instrument”. At least this is the way I do it.

If you are not shy, try using Overbridge. If it’s installed correctly it’s quite convenient.

If you want record midi from an external device, you also have to setup the track correspondingly to be able to receive the midi information.

Hope this short post can help.