MFB Tanzmaus

Heh, and we complain about using C6 for Rytm sample transfer. At least we don’t have to go through Elektron (and pay $ for the service) to have the internal chips recoded to change the PCM sounds.

That said, these look and sound great. I’m pleased to see MFB improving their case builds with these feature rich analog beat boxes.

I’m so buying the tanzmaus, finally a decent 909 substitute in a small form factor! Hoping it comes with the CHH, OHH, ride and crash samps of the 9…

I was just messing with my 522, dunno why but it sounds really muddy and undefined somehow after getting used to AR’s tone? Might have to swap that to the tanzbarlite as well in the future… I’ve never liked the hihats nor the 8-seq-buttons-for-16-steps on the 522 (a fine machine otherwise, if not slightly lofi sounding)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Sorry, I could have used a better choice of words. Exchange the code (sysex) on the chips, with their own service generating the code.

That much said I’m still thoroughly convinced by the Maus, nice gritty lofi 909 is what i tend to emulate with my OT anyway, with some MnM percussion mixed in. Will do nice to free up some sampler tracks with a dedicated drummie. Form factor is pretty perfect for the space I have too.

:+1:

Offloading drums from OT with Tanzmaus is exactly why my buddy ordered one from the first shipping batch. Hoping it arrives next week so I can hound him about it. :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

yes i just saw the namm video where he speaks about a website service to transfer your own samples to the maus. Now that’s what I call a massive fail.

Suddenly C6 MIDI sample transfer for Rytm ain’t looking so bad.

Here’s a short set I just finished. Fully taking advantage of sample support.

2 Likes

I think they fixed sample import so it’s easier , I don’t have one.

Ok, I bring this discussion back from the past.

I looking for a fierce little drum box to complete my MD sounds. After lot of video and articles, I would appreciate some info from long time and deep users about this box that retain my attention in this price category.

The sound seems ok, but the main problem seems to be the nonfriendly user interface.
Are there here some people who use it in live ?
What about it ?

Thx and cheers.

For live performance I reckon it would either be: the AR or OT. I know the OT is sample based, but with the lofi distortion on it, you can get similar sounds on it and you’ve got the slider for more performance features.

The performance macros on the AR are beast though. Absolutely easiest of all Elektrons to program and manage in my opinion. The sliders felt messy and limited to me, I couldn’t use them more than a couple times before I was beating a dead horse. And I could never remember what went where. So it became guesswork to me. Something about the shape of the layout I guess. And being able to combine multi macros at once is a dream come true compared to the OT. The OT has got freeze delay and master parameters along with LFOs which opens up some crazy things.

As far as something for harmony with the MD, I’m a big fan of using the KP3+ with it.

Thanks for your point of vew. I’m not really interested by an AR for the moment and already have an OT. I just need a second drum box to complete my rythmic section (a MD uw) , for live purpose.
Maybe I’ve not been enough explicit. I want a drum machine in the 300/500 max, and the M.F.B tanzmaus interest me.
That’s why I ask to tanzmaus owners and users their opinion concerning the interface and the live playability of this box.

3 Likes

I have a Tanzbar, and love it with my Octatrack.
Got T1 & T2 setup as thru tracks, with T1 as kicks and T2 as the rest if the kit.
Still lots of mangling possible with the OT.

Is it really capable to produce 909-ish kick sound?

Owned this one. The interface is a bit unusual and will require you to read the manual a few times. Once you know how things work it’s not bad at all and actually rather smart.

I think you could totally use it live. MFB seems to have found a very nice form factor with these boxes; the upcoming Dominion Club looks very interesting to me as well.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer that drive me a bit more to this choice.

Other experiences about Tanzmaus here ?

Does any of you now where I can find good samples of M.F.B. tanzmaus, that I could load in my MD to see if I can play analog mfb sounds in my beloved MD ?

need samples of the analog end of the tanzmaus. will pay. somebody.

Hello, may the fun be with you.

I’m looking for a new drum machine to complete my sound palette (already have a MD, great love for it, and I have been playing with Xbase 999 Jomox for a long time, but finished by sold it because of the non friendly OS).

I thought, for a time, to go for the new alpha from Jomox, or Rytm, but I will have a new hardware sequencer end of 2017, and I don’t want to have a big sequencer inside my future drumbox, cause I won’t use it.
So I look to little priced drum machines like tanzbar, Tanzmaus, TR09, or Drumbrute.

The winner seems to be Tanzmaus. As I know some of you have it, I would like to have your point of view. I will mainly use it as midi slave.

Is it the right choice ? Did you consider other drum machine than this one ?
Thanks for advice.

this video sounds amazing! what processing did you put on the audio? many thanks

Not my vid. Cross posted from muffs