MFB Tanzbär 2

some MKI stuff:

2 Likes

Post saved to download bro ledgend. I have mint 808 sample rip and 909 bar the snare the rest are in the Roland R8 imo :dog2:

Sorry to say this didn’t work out for me I just didn’t jive with the sequencer but the sound was always spot on. I kept thinking about the vermona drm and how much fun that is and immediate it is. Still my favorite drum synth just wish Elektron and vermona would team up and make the best drum machine ever😝

I have this listed in the sell section for anyone with more patience than myself.

2 Likes

So . . . mine arrived yesterday; had to go to Thomann in the end as they had availability whereas G4M didn’t have the same turn around time.

Anyway . . . first experience of an MFB product and I must say I like the sound. However, it’s not the most intuitive device. Plus - my German language skills do not go beyond counting to 10 so the German manual is of little use.

So this weekend will be trying to get to grips with it and workout how to integrate it with the Octatracks.

2 Likes

Check out the gearslutz tanzbar 2 posts. Some one put up a midi cc lay out of tanzbar 2. And next week their are going to have a english manual out.

I’ll head there now. Cheers for the pointer.

Does anybody actually have one of these? There really isnt much info/vids/anything on the internet. Id be very interested to hear the opinion of somebody who has had a good while to get to know it.

+1

Can’t find much media regarding tanz2 except a handful of videos from a month ago when it released. Interestingly I discovered 3 tanz2 forum users who have already bought & sold (or are selling) theirs.
I wanted tanz2 but ended up grabbing tanz1 instead to pair w/ my dominion club. Might grab a tanzmaus at some point too, it’s got some fury🔥
I definitely would like to hear more tanz2 demos MFB sounds are excellent.

1 Like

Sent my Tanzbar 2 back.
It sounded pretty good but it wasn’t for me . . .

I felt like the machine was a bit awkward to work with at times. Admittedly, my background was Ableton Live and Push 2 then Octatracks, DN which may well encourage me to work a particular way or expect a particular level of design. However, the Tanzbar 2 felt a bit bunched up and busy. The mixer controls are very small and I found that some of the dials jumped values at times.

The power cable was also very precariously attached to the machine; on a couple of occasions I lost the drums and then realised the lead had come out.

However, the main reason it went back was work flow; I found that recording the loops into the OTs was slowing me down. Also, I’ve got the Samples from Mars Drum Packs and found the sound difference to be fairly small between the OT playing samples and the TB2.

In the end, I’m happy to work fluidly with the OTs and samples, jeopardising a small amount of sonic quality rather than work with a slightly quirky interface and fiddly layout of an analog machine.

4 Likes

Thank you for the insight! I ordered one of these a few days ago which really is a massive financial undertaking for me. It doesnt come until march/april time and im starting to be a bit nervous!

One thing im worried about is the kick/kicks. In all of the very few demos online so far the kick is basically none existent in terms of presence. I cant tell if thats the way its been programmed and mixed in the demos or if its a lack of scope with the paramaters available.

Overall my feeling is that with some time, effort, skill and luck I should be able to draw out some great sounding drum patterns from this thing and im ready for the challenge. Issues such as data values skipping however can quickly add up to being too much of a frustration for me that i dont need.

How much time did you spend with it?

I had it for about 10 days.

I shouldn’t worry about the kicks; I found them to be impressive with lots of character and warmth.

I really liked the clap too.

It was more the interface and how it was physically that I wasn’t fond of.

1 Like

Hmmm I wonder how many people have kept theirs so far. If anybody here has I would LOVE to see a vid from you or… anything really :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no-one seen these? sounds damn sweet…

2 Likes

Yikes. Dem breaks almost got me into a manic episode and made me want to pull my credit card out.

2 Likes

Regarding workflow of MFB machines. I don’t know why, but they make some strange to bad decisions. Some things could be simply improved by reassigning the functionality of the buttons and removing the need to use a lot of shortcuts for basic things.

When they released Tanzbär 1, I sent them a 4 page document about possible workflow improvements with the available hardware buttons. I didn’t suggest any new features, just improvements to the workflow. I received an email from the developer, telling me he looks into improving some parts, but it seems not much changed in all the years.

At least the sound is spot on perfect. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Honestly how am I supposed to wait 3 or 4 months for this thing??? I need coping mechanisms

1 Like

You can go to music store.de and get a customer return model

just bought a Tanzbar 1 again…! damn i missed this sound… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes