METRONOME on Headphone output only on DIGITAKT machines

Hi, I have been using a Digitakt live and in some instances it would be great to have the metronome on the headphones output only. This way you could follow the tempo (for recording a live beat for example) and the audience doesn’t hear the click. I’ve been using an external midi source to do this, but it would be more convenient to be able to do it just with the Digitakt. I think it could be a good feature for other Elektron devices.
Thanks!

That would be cool for sure, but I don’t think that the hardware’s internal audio path is set up to allow that though. You could definitely add a request in the Digitakt feature requests thread or send an email to feature-request@elektron.se with your suggestion.

1 Like

Thanks, just sent them an email!

Awesome, I don’t know if you have a keystep but something like that which generates it’s own metronome but can also take clock sync from the DT is a good option when you need an independent recording click. You do need a small summing mixer outside of the Digitakt, but that can be done pretty inexpensively these days.

1 Like

It’s simply not possible, the headphone output circuit is directly linked to the main outputs

2 Likes

I’m using a Boss DR-3, and will try a DB90 soon, which has a smaller footprint.

1 Like

Ok, end of discussion :slight_smile:
Thanks for your reply though!