Meris pedals MIDI sync with Elektron gear

Ok, so i tried using Midi CC 4 for the expression on my Mercury7. It works, and it is totally awesome!!! It is just like having “scenes” on the pedal. Set midid cc 4 to 0, and dial in your settings. Then set it to 127 and and dial in new settings for that. Then you can fade between them.

This is going to be so cool when my Polymoon arrives. Perfect for breakdowns, and building up while jamming.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve been trying to sync a Model Cycles to an Ottobit Jr myself via midi using a TRS->TRS, without success. Anyone know the appropriate Midi Out (on M:C) and Alt Functions (on the OB)?

Thank you

First, note that Meris warns that this configuration might not work unless you use their MIDI I/O box.

To try with just a TRS->TRS cable, connect the cable from the MIDI Out port of the M:C to the EXP/MIDI port of the OB Jr.

On the M:C:

• in the CONFIG > MIDI > SYNC menu, set CLK OUT to “ON”;
  • in the CONFIG > MIDI > PORTS menu, set OUT TO to “MID”, set OUT/THRU to “OUT”, and play with different settings of OUT POL OUT to see what might work.

On the OB Jr, follow the instruction to set Expression Mode to “MIDI”.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for replying.

I ‘think’ that’s what I’ve tried, but I will try again. Will report back.

Thanks again!

I couldn’t find it for the M:C, but here’s what you need to plug into the Meris. Maybe someone can confirm it’s the same pin connection on the M:C. Otherwise the issue could come from there.

midimeris

1 Like

Hey!

So, I received this answer from Meris:

"The Model: Cycles is capable of sending MIDI out in the type A or type B spec. Pedal companies like us, Empress, Chase Bliss and others do MIDI over TRS differently than Type A or Type B. Type A and B are different and were defined after the pedal companies had started our way of doing MIDI over TRS. Ottobit Jr and any pedal from these companies requires a MIDI to TRS conversion box with opto-isolator electronics built into it for a MIDI Standard reliable connection. Each of the companies I mentioned have a compatible MIDI to TRS conversion box available, ours is the MIDI I/O and features MIDI in and out, while the others are compatible with our pedals but only have MIDI In and Thru. "

Hope it helps whoever has this issue in the future.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for helping!

I have contacted Meris and they have replied (see my reply to PeterHanes above).

Meanwhile I’ve ordered a ‘Disaster Area Designs 5P-QQ 5-Pin MIDI to 1/4″ MIDI Cable’ which is (I think) what you suggest above.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi all,

I want to send the clock from my DAW (Pro tools) through a Scarlett 18i8 3rd gen to slave the clock of my Meris Enzo. (It probably works the same as polymoon).

I’m trying to do it the cheap way - which means without having to buy a meris I/O.

I read this thread but am still unsure if it can work only with a single MIDI to TRS cable plugged in the MIDI output of my Scarlett going directly to the Meris enzo TRS.

Let me know if some of you tried it.

Thanks!

I send clock to my Meris Ottobit Jr with just a DIN-> TRS adapter, it works fine. Not sure if it’s midi trs type A or B as the first adapter I tried worked so I left it plugged in, but it’s definitely possible to do so.

1 Like

See my post from Jan 10th.
For 2,17€ you can try anyway, right? :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks guys! I’ll try that cable thing!

Its working for me to send CCs and sync just with a 2 euros adapter
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can not for the life of me get this cable to work :frowning: Not the exact same situation as you. Im running clock from Logic to my Scarlett interface into my Polymoon but it just won’t work! Any help or steps im missing would be appreciated, MIDIs been the only thing giving me problems after my move to more hardware haha

Since I have 3 Meris pedals, I picked up the MIDI I/O when I had 2 of them. Works flawlessly.

Hi. MS+MC are in the middle of my setup. I just bought Meris Ottobit Jr. The question is: how to sync its sequencer and stutter to MS+MC clock? Which type of TRS MIDI will it be? Maybe RK-200 smart cable could be helpful?