Meris LVX and MERCURY X

hi! new to the party here, everyone happy with their lvx and mercuryx?
I’m starting to GAS

Are there still issues?
what about the power issue/compatibility with strymon zuma/ojaj power supplies?

I like them a lot! The power issue was fixed and they also fixed one of you already bought one with the issue.

Short jam using them with Syntakt.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply. not helping with the GAS though (but thats my own fault).

doubting between LVX and zen delay.
undoubtedly the LVX has more options, but its digital, and the zen delay has a more performative vibe

ps just out of curiosity

since the pedals are digital

are there any plugins that come close to LVX or Mercury X?
(to quench my GAS while I’m saving)

and final noob question: why does the LVX have 3 leds (1-3) that all ‘activate or bypass’ presets?
whats the difference between the first 3 push switches/leds? (apart from the button combinations)

I had the Zen for a while and I did really like it but found that it somehow went out if sync quite often. Not sure why but seems ti be an issue. It’s very cool and I would probably want it again if I had money to spend. But overall very happy with the LVX.

There is an app coming that will make it possible to crate, save and share (not sure about sharing but I think so) presets to the LVX and I think also the Mercury X. Really looking forward to it because im not the best at creating presets so would love some preset-packs :grin:

Se post on instagram about it here: m e r i s on Instagram: "Hi Everybody - it’s Jinna. Here’s a sneakpeek of Meris prEDITOR coming this Winter. Available for free direct on our site. - This was developed by yours truly plus 1 long-time friend and software engineer Beau Gunderson. Overseen by of-course Terry and Angelo. - Thx to Terry and Angelo for allowing me to name this editor after a bad office pun. Sorry, I like puns. - Forgive me for the terrible Arnie impression too. I hope you all record better versions than me. Can’t wait for you to check it out."

I really like the Mercury X. Have used it on synths and guitars. I really like it on guitar, makes me feel like I should make an ambient guitar YT video with the cheesy visual distortion from the 70s

Picked up the LVX a while back as store credit for a refund but only spent a wee bit of time with it so far. It’s an absolute powerhouse but I think I prefer the Volante for its simplicity.

anyone have experience with the polymoon? can the LVX reproduce that pingpong reverb kind of effect the polymoon is known for?

and can you also ‘tap in’ your delay rhytm like on the empress echosystem?

The LVX has the Polymoon algorithm built in and yes you can also tap the tempo :relaxed:

2 Likes

thanks! how do you replicate it on the LVX? i read something about the poly mod, but how do you make the smeared delay go from left to right in stereo?

anddddd about the second thing; i didnt mean tap tempo, but tapping the rhythm of the delay. i suppose you cant do that on LVX (pretty awesome feature of echosystem)

Maybe I was a bit fast in my response. The LVX has elements from the polymoon but I’m not sure exactly what and how to make it sound the same.

Ah I see… I don’t know if it’s possible to tap the rhythm but don’t think so.

I had the Polymoon and replaced it with LVX. I think there was some differences between the LVX’s Poly and Polymoon algorithms, but I can’t really tell any other difference than the edit options on LVX are much better than on Polymoon. With Polymoon I was always guessing and working with ear, forgetting the secondary functions of buttons, much more random approach. LVX has much more control over how you want the sound to behave.

1 Like

yeah thats one of the reasons i’m selling my polymoon and stepping up to LVX (i think).
but just to confirm: can you make the reverb (smeared poly delay) move / ping-pong from left to right (stereo field) slowly?

no one?

how do you make a ping pong delay on the LVX? what is the setting?

Not sure because I don’t know because I don’t know exactly what you want. But the whole point of the LVC is that it’s modular so you can basically do anything you can think of so I would take a qualified guess and say yes :relaxed:

My friend, I can tell the potential you see in these boxes for your setup has you really excited, and I love to see it. And in your enthusiasm, it’s clear you have a bunch of questions you want to ask. It’s just, you run the risk of looking like someone who lazily fires off a bunch of simple questions that require complex answers in an effort to get others to do all the work.

I don’t think that’s your intent, and a good way to guard against this impression is to include, along with your questions, the research you have already done and what has stumped you in the process of it. For example:

How do you make a ping-pong delay with the LVX? I’ve read the manual and I see that the L and R channels can have their own independent delay times, but that makes me think they’ll each have their own timing of repeats that that will kind of phase in and out with each other instead of the classic “alternating left and right” repeats I’m looking for. Any help?

2 Likes

Thank you for your elaborate reply. You are totally right. I actually read the manual, and saw that you can edit taps for l/r channels, also searched for the word ping pong, didnt find it.

I was in between surgeries as a surgeon (yes on saturdays), sorry for the limited amount of text/typing: please allow me to rephrase my question:

How do you make a ping-pong delay with the LVX? I’ve read the manual and I see that the L and R channels can have their own independent delay times, but that makes me think they’ll each have their own timing of repeats that that will kind of phase in and out with each other instead of the classic “alternating left and right” repeats I’m looking for. Any help?

1 Like