Meris - Enzo

https://www.meris.us/product/enzo/

7 Likes

Waiting for the full Knobs review!

1 Like

Damn! For a long time I’ve been counting that I’ll need a 1000 euros to buy all the Meris -pedals. They’ve upped the stakes. Now it’ll be something like 1400€.

2 Likes

Yea. I am also going full for the Meris pedals, was almost fully there but I really wanted 2 Moogerfoogers for ages …(ringmod and phaser).

Did them first, now that they are stll “affordable” and soon production will stop and I can forget about them for ever.

But … Meris is on fire :fire:

1 Like

Nice demo by Steffan.

Here’s Meris’ own feature walkthrough vid, while you wait for Knobs’ version.

Seen em all yesterday, got a mail from meris about the new Pedal :grin::+1:t2:

Yeah, but still worth sharing for those who didn’t see it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Really impressive poly pitch tracking. Has it ever been done this well?

EHX’s X9 series pedals and Boss SY-300 also have good polyphonic pitch tracking.

However, I listened to a step-through of the SY-300 presets and none of them sounded as good as the Enzo tones demo’d so far, though I’m sure it can be tweaked to sound decent… It also costs twice as much. Enzo’s pitch shifting is a nice, unexpected bonus.

EHX’s Synth-9 does not sound good to my ears, and the other -9 pedals are more focused on non-synth emulations (Mellotron, organ).

Meris engineer takes a stab at demoing the tracking speed.

I picked up an Enzo last week. Really like it a lot. Great tracking and lots of cool sounds. Sold :slight_smile:

Demo with pedal steel

1 Like

Just when I thought I was out…they pull me back in

1 Like

This demo is of particular interest to me since I play electric violin too, though not as well as Bad Snacks. Also, she is using electric violin/FX in conjunction with sequencers and stuff.

She has another video in which forum favorite Organelle is used as both synth and FX processor for the violin.

1 Like

Love to try this with a bass guitar, bit is it even in stock anywhere?

I use mine on bass guitar…it’s awesome!

1 Like

Good to hear. Wouls you have the time to record a quick demo?

This may not be the best example, but most of my pieces are made using only bass guitar. This jam is a bass guitar through a Montreal Assembly Count To Five into my Meris Enzo into an OT. Looped, sampled and mangled into a track. The melodic stuff is just bass into the Enzo, to a pickup machine in OT. If I happen to record just bass into the Enzo, I’ll post. But this is what I have for now

3 Likes

Thanks. That does indeed sound interesting.

1 Like