Merging separated projects as One

Hi,
Since i got Octatrack i had the bad habit to create one project for each new track (1 project = 1 track ). Now i’d like to play a full live using my previous material so i’d need to put everything i need in the same project. is there any way to do this without a paying software knowing samples loaded, mode machines etc are different in every projects

Thanx for your help

It is PITA but possible.
Can’t detail everything, but you can use banks, containing parts. You can copy and rename them on the card with a computer.
You can use PURGE and COLLECT SAMPLE functions.
For Tempos maybe you’d need ARRANGER.

You could try this
http://octaedit.com

2 Likes

Thanx, not possible to buy it actually and i’m looking for a free solution at first

Yes. Like @sezare56 said; it’s possible. You just need to spend all the time to do that and it is a pain to do so. You can go through and document everything, move stuff around, reassign stuff, reload stuff; and hope you have done it all correctly.

1 Like

You can try to merge 2 projects first, to check what you need to do.
How many projects you want to merge ? Have you a little knowledge of files editing ?

@Rusty, the Module Manager of OctaEdit LE can handle that ?

Yes.

I’ll have a big announcement regarding OctaEdit soon…

5 Likes

I’ve done it a few times just copying and pasting stuff between projects.
Takes forever and it’s kind of mind numbing, so you need to stay focused or you’ll mess stuff up.
It works, and it’s free.

That said, OctaEdit makes it much easier, and faster.

2 Likes

octaedit is the best. simply

1 Like

“Quoted for truth” as I think the cool kids are saying these days. I must admit I don’t use it much, but that is because I don’t need to mess about with my projects at the moment. It still feels really good to know octaedit got my back for when I want to arrange a live set or something.