"Merging" contents of OT CF Cards

Hey All,

So I had an OG OT, sold it (kept the CF card), got an OT AE with the stock CF card. I started a couple of projects on the AE just to test out the new factory samples etc. the question is, how to I merge the contents of the two cards to have all my projects on 1 card?

Is this possible? I actually tried copying and pasting the AE projects I created to the new card and moved the appropriate audio files to the respective “AUDIO” folder(s)
and now the OT does not start up at all (just a black screen) when I insert my old card.

The new one works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Weird.

Did you moved some things on the old card or just added projects with their samples?

Did you or can you backup the old card?

I’d format it after.

A good way to copy a project with its samples it to use the COLLECT SAMPLES function. Samples are copied in the project folder. After you can theorically use that project on any Octatrack, once the project is copied in a SET.

You can use PURGE SAMPLES before, to remove unused samples. (Static or Flex Slols 1-8 are not removed).

3 Likes

Hey Sezare,

I thought the black screen was weird too - when I press the power button literally nothing happens, just black.

I just added projects (2 of them, with the collect samples option as you mention above)

I also added some more sounds in the AUDIO folder (sample packs that I downloaded from Elektron website).

I did not do a full back up of the old card (silly me) but I am confident I can remove the files I added to it.

1 Like

Merging by just copying folders in there shouldn’t be an issue; likewise with adding samples. Might be an OS or project conflict.

Have you tried powering on sans card; and then selecting a different Set/Project? Might have made it a wee bit confused re OS changes.

6 Likes

Yay!

That worked!

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

They are taking this blacked-out edition seriously.

4 Likes