Memory setting

I am sampling sounds from my ET2 to my OT, when i set the memory and try to set 16 seconds it jumps up to 17 seconds, which is allowing an extra bit of sound to get through. How do i stop OT doing that? I know I can trim after but thats loads more work.

advice as always would be much appreciated

I feel like you’re looking at the wrong place.

The memory management in the Project menu is meant for you to say how you want your OT to deal with its internal memory, sampling vs. flex samples playing.
But it’s not here that you specify the length of one particular sampling session…

For sampling, you will most likely want to specify a number of bars instead of a period of time.
This is done in the configuration of the recording track (Fn + A red button, and Fn + B)
Here you can set the “RLEN” to e.g. 16 steps, or 64. “MAX” default value will allow you to record up to the max value setup in the Project menu…

1 Like

I went to the record setup thats set too Rlen Max, with trig one set. my midi track is set at 4 bars at 1/2 with master at 256 x1. That allows me to grab the samples and allow for the tails. Maybe ive done the maths wrong in the scale setting

But that’s precisely the point : why set a “MAX” value ?
Set it to 64 steps and voilĂ .

You might want to use a One-Shot trig on the first step of your recording buffer, so that you don’t retrig the recording after the last loop.
MAX should not be used IMO if you want a clean recording, without further trim action. It’s good for long sequences with no predefined end.

1 Like

The one shotr trig sorted it out along with the other steps you mentioned…THANK YOU

1 Like

:thup: