MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Hi, does anyone have a pcb and case for sale?
I am very keen to build one of these!
Thanks

I do, send me a PM.

Hi everybody,

I’m bulding my Megacommand today, but first firmware test first fail.

I get that error message :

Arduino : 1.8.14 Hourly Build 2020/09/23 10:35 (Mac OS X), Carte : “Arduino Uno”

/Users/zerkalo/Desktop/Machinedrum/MegaCommand_Design-master/TestFirmwares/megacommand_sram_test/megacommand_sram_test.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
megacommand_sram_test:28:3: error: ‘XMCRA’ was not declared in this scope
XMCRA = _BV(SRE); //ENABLE MEM
^~~~~
/Users/zerkalo/Desktop/Machinedrum/MegaCommand_Design-master/TestFirmwares/megacommand_sram_test/megacommand_sram_test.ino:28:3: note: suggested alternative: ‘EICRA’
^~~~~
EICRA
In file included from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/avr/io.h:99:0,
from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:90,
from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:28,
from sketch/megacommand_sram_test.ino.cpp:1:
megacommand_sram_test:28:15: error: ‘SRE’ was not declared in this scope
^
/Users/zerkalo/Desktop/Machinedrum/MegaCommand_Design-master/TestFirmwares/megacommand_sram_test/megacommand_sram_test.ino:28:15: note: suggested alternative: ‘SPE’
exit status 1
‘XMCRA’ was not declared in this scope

Does anyone have had that problem before ? Can someone help me ?

I did put all the resistors, the two diodes, and the power switch even tho it’s not indicated in the first part of the build (silly me). Is that a problem for running the first test ?

Any news on monomachine support?

Arduino : 1.8.14 Hourly Build 2020/09/23 10:35 (Mac OS X), Carte : “Arduino Uno”

You need to select the correct Core before compiling the test firmwares.

Tools -> Board -> Arduino AVR Boards -> Arduino Mega or Mega 2560

Some of the other test firmwares use the MegaCommand core which you must install in your arduino application.

Instructions here:

I did put all the resistors, the two diodes, and the power switch even tho it’s not indicated in the first part of the build (silly me). Is that a problem for running the first test ?

No should be fine.

1 Like

@v-yadli wrote a driver for the MonoMachine which will be present in 3.0

9 Likes

OMG OMG OMG!!!

THIS is doubly exciting news!

I have an MD, a MM and an A4, and I just ordered a MegaCommand controller!

I haven’t had a chance to say thanks yet for all the awesome and brilliant work (just found out about all this and I’m not a big poster). Is there a place we can send appreciation donations?

Earl

1 Like

With my apologies for not reading this entire thread, but will this new project firmware run on the original MiniCommand? Cheers!

Fwiw, if anyone would like the original firmware for the MiniCommand, I have it backed up as a disk image.

Afraid not. The flash memory of the Minicommand is 64KB. the MCL firmware is over 200KB now.

1 Like

Roger that. No worries, I’m good to go as it stands. Thanks for the reply!

I’ve finally finished the pianoroll + automation editor we’ve been working on since July. This is the GUI front end to our overhaul of the EXT sequencer tracks on port 2.

The editors work in continuous time, you can draw notes/automation anywhere on the grid, of any length with high precision. 16 note polyphony per step, utiming per note, velocity per step. 8 MidiCC automation parameters with linear slide/interpolation. Realtime record for both note and CC input with MIDI learn.

It’ll probably end up being the best MIDI sequencer you can get on an 8bit microprocessor.

pianoroll automation

24 Likes

Hell yeah dude, I’ve been looking for clues on updates in the github for the past few months. It’s great to see where things are heading!

Really amazing work the both of you keep accomplishing.
Just when I think the device is about to hit its limits…always a big surprise.
Wish I had a small sliver of your coding skills. Here I am still struggling to be able to modify the code and get a couple things working with the expansion ports, and you’re writing sequencers n’ sheeit.

This is great!

Thank you

(…why do I have a strange feeling that I’ll buy a MM?!) :grinning:

Hopefully Justin can reverse engineer those current prices

4 Likes

Awesome justin.
Just awesome mate
Thank you

Thanks Justin !

It seems to work, but I still get “SRAM Test Failed bank0 mismatch
2221” in the serial monitor. Is that normal ?

(Can’t wait for 3.0, your doing a fantastic job here sir !)

It means the SRAM is not working properly. You need to check the soldering/connectivity on the SRAM chip and on the arduino header pins.

It’s not an uncommon issue. You can see the troubleshooting process here:

1 Like

I checked everything and reflowed some solderpoints of the ic, worked properly. Thanks Justin.

Buuuuut now ahah (I guess this build want to test me a bit), I ran the encoders test but nothing appears on the serial monitor. I tried to reset, relaunch the first test then this one, reflowed, but still nothing for now.

If you prefer we can chat in p.m, unless you think it can be valuable information. Thanks again man.