MEDUSA by Polyend and Dreadbox anyone using it with elektron gear?

Hey! I’m looking at new additions for my digitakt and the MEDUSA is looking like a pretty cool peice of tech.

Do any of you use it with elektron gear? Hows the integration between the two? What do you like about it?

Also considering an analog keys? It’s difficult to choose theres so much cool stuff out there I feel like every day I find something I want haha.

Out of all the options I had to start with I’m sooo glad I chose the digitakt. It was a great intro for me and can still see myself using it years to come, but now it needs a friend🤙

I just got my Medusa, had an AK in the past. I’m still learning the sequencer but the synthesis is really quick and easy. The pads are fun and you have 6 voice paraphony vs 4 voice polyphony on the AK4/. Either are a good choice. IF you are OCD beware! The Medusa is just a little deeper and shorter than the Elektron black boxes!

And they just got cheaper.

I’ve got one I plan to use with digitakt but have been using it on its own to make sure I properly learn the sequencer first.

Really different bit of kit and plenty to learn. Not 100% it’s exactly what I need but I’m enjoying jamming with it

Continuing the discussion from MEDUSA by Polyend and Dreadbox anyone using it with elektron gear?:

I feel you. ive got the digitakt pinned down and also where im trying to take my music. jamming, fantastic, I mostly sample notes and lyrics and create something new(check out https://soundcloud.com/djyungvampire13 for my flow). wish I could truly time stretch on the DT, but a pitch up and down more often than not is satisfying VS achieving the same pitch in the bpm I desire.

had a lot of time to play around since I posted that, id say a Prologue (or similar tbd) is going to be my next. wow, im reflecting on all the new hardware ive researched since then, feel like everything’s more beautiful from a distance, i want it all

my friends preach DAW, I really enjoy the tactile. i need to start incorporating the two but i…. i drip too much

1 Like