MDEdit : MachineDrum Editor and Librarian

I don’t have a MD yet, but I am interested in this product as well)))

1 Like

Rusty, lock me in for a paid copy if it goes ahead.
Anything Machinedrum… and/or Monomachine.

6 Likes

Same here.

TAKE OUR MONEY!

5 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m all for the MDEdit, Octa, and MMEdit

1 Like

MMEdit

MMEdit for the MonoMachine would happen afterwards if worth the hassle / time of day.

I have already developed a very rough Alpha. But need to do a shed load more testing before that sees the light of day; but conceptually and as far as I have tested; all works as expected.

The two main issues with MMEdit is:

a) Time
b) I do not own a MonoMachine.

So, um, would need to buy one to be able to finish development / be able to perform all required testing and support.

I’m not the biggest fan of the MonoMachine, so I would be buying one purely for MMEdit only.

I’ll just link to this post with some of my thoughts / comments on the Machinedrum:

2 Likes

Kickstarter vs Indiegogo vs Pozible vs Pre-Order aka “Thinking out loud”

Crowdfunding Platforms:

One of the things with a lot of the “crowd-funding” platforms is that there are restrictions around the currency that you can raise funds in, which is all dependent on countries and bank accounts, and leaves you at the mercy of currency flucuations, thus uncertainty, and additional fees (platform, payment provider, paypal, banks etc.); up to 10% from Kickstarter for starters.

This was the core reason that I opted to use Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter for OctaEdit v2. Indiegogo however now does the same thing as Kickstarter.

So Kickstarter and Indiegogo both don’t really seem a viable option I’m afraid. Pozible is possibly (See what I did there? :P)

So I’ll go and investigate what the options are with regards to crowdfunding; but all a lot easier with US$ in the US; alas that is not a viable option.

Pre-Orders

The other option is to create/provide pre-orders and do it all manually.

Main advantage of course is not having the platform / fees overhead; which would be quite significant.

Main disadvantages here are the overhead with setting stuff up / managing it all; and that some people might feel more comfortable using a platform like Kickstarter or Indiegogo; despite the fact that there is no accountability on those anyway?

Depends on how comfortable X number of cats would be with pre-orders.

4 Likes

I’m happy with a pre-order if thats the vibes.
your work speaks for itself n if pre-order makes it easier for you to work on it I’m totally up for that :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Id pre order np

2 Likes

I’m ok for preorder

2 Likes

I’d be interested in a pre-order. MD & MnM here :+1:t5:

2 Likes

wow a lot of stuff going on … I was wondering what happened to Octaedit, as it was so quite in the last months

1 Like

I second that.

2 Likes

Oh, I could deliver all those; just need the time / money / energy to do so.

I am busy working away on OctaEdit v2. I am many, many revisions past the last publicly released beta; and have made a lot of changes; new functionality etc.

Unfortunately, I was not getting much feedback, so it wasn’t really worth the time being spent on sorting out betas, installers etc.; when that time could be spent on developing / testing / fixing.

Primarily thought the vast bulk of my time is spent job hunting; applying, interviews etc. for the obvious reasons.

1 Like

Amazing work! I’m a mrk 1 owner so I can old sit in the sidelines and cheer.

1 Like

Should all be fine with MkI’s.

All functionality is already coded in there.

Naturally though you won’t be able to transfer 4 Bar / 64 Step patterns to the MkI though.

1 Like

I made an account just because I had to say I would preorder.

4 Likes

I’d be fine with pre-order as well (depending a bit on asking price).

However, I’d like to suggest to really consider how much time and energy you want to spend on managing sales instead of doing actual development. IME, the more customers you’ll have, the more you’ll wish you wouldn’t have to take care of the administration. Additionally, a crowd-funding platform might push visibility of your products way beyond a thread on the elektron forum.

1 Like

True. Rusty wrote some thoughts about that above in the thread.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Are there any demo vids online?