MDEdit : MachineDrum Editor and Librarian

wait, Transfer works with the silver boxes?

Well, I’ve already gone way, way past that with what I’ve already built. :slight_smile:

I could push out some basic Midi tools / SysEx librarians etc. I use my own ones personally; but don’t actually think there is much of a market there for small apps.

I thought Transfer works with the MD/MM for basic stuff?

1 Like

Yeah I was under the impression that TRANSFER could receive/send basic sysex from the silver machines, though not samples, though I have always used C6. Here Elektron state that support won’t be there from Catalina. This means no way to access turbo midi SDS transfer from a Mac unless on a legacy OS.

I loved C6 for its simplicity over other Midi transfer utilities, for all my midi instrument backup & patch management, so I reckon it might have appeal above and beyond purely Machinedrum users.

2 Likes

ah, i was hoping there was some rudimentary sample support for the silver boxes, never bothered to try it.

for the life of me i cant get mine to properly send/recieve sysex from my windows machine, i wonder if transfer might do anything different

A Midi Monitor would come in handy to identify where the failure point is / what is/isn’t being communicated.

MDEdit is essentially “on hold” at the moment.

Core functionality works as expected; i.e. all the send/receive etc stuff does exactly what it needs to / functions perfectly.

It is the whole UI/UX layer which needs polishing and testing; and to do all that is where the time / effort is going to be.

I have recently upgraded OS’s, IDE’s, dev tools etc. and there have been some breaking changes; so would be rewriting/tweaking large chunks of code. Currently doing this with OctaEdit.

So, um, yeah… :cat:

5 Likes

Hey Rusty

Any news on this?

With the recent release of OB2, I wish even more the MD could be integrated via VST/AU the same way.

Anyway, hope you‘re healthy and safe.

But you can always use basic command line tools like amidi even if it’s not turbo midi.

Not really. It’s just sitting here waiting on a bit of spit and polish; then to be pushed out for some beta testing.

As above, I changed development environment eat al; some large chunks of code will need a bit of a review.

And obviously life got complicated.

I’ll have to check the current state of affairs with regards to Steinberg and Midi/SysEx support in VST3.

2 Likes

4 Likes

yes boss, what do you require?

Aye captain?!

Half a dozen cats I know and love got sent a pm earlier.

if it’s not too late to get in for beta i would die for the chance!

MachineDrum sold. :wink:

1 Like

:frowning:

2 Likes

Still waiting :wink:

Is MDEdit already accessible somewhere?

Sorry, not at the moment, no.

Same :frowning: