MD UW+ MK2 Display Contrast

Hi,

I just bought a used MD and I can barely read the display in daylight.

Is there any way to adjust the contrast (and where)?

Sascha

just a thought: could it be that the screen protector is still applied to the screen? this was the case with my used MD and that made the screen foggy and harder to read, because the foil was worn and had some scratches.

1 Like

Good idea, unfortunately it’s no longer applied (I removed it first thing after I got the device).

Would have been an easy fix.

1 Like

there is a contrast trimmer inside, but I think it’s behind the display or something like that. so you’ll have to tear it apart to change it. I would check out how the display looks indoors before changing anything though; it’s pretty common the MD and MnM displays fade over time (some people replace them) and they’ve never been super readable in daylight. also look around for some circuit images just to verify the location of the trimmer. it could just be behind the data wheel.

I already looked around and didn’t find anything useful. Do you know a good place to look?

There are a lot of pictures of the insides of an Octatrack or Rytm (MK1), not so many of the MD.

just Google images. I’m actually pretty sure this trimmer behind the data wheel is it. but hopefully someone else can verify…

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/9/1/91471cef864ba6c615775d125826936bdcf74fa2.jpg

3 Likes

@chiasticon Thank you very much!

That’s it! I tried it and it works :slight_smile:

I didn’t even had to remove the faceplate. :tada:

3 Likes

glad to hear it! congrats on your new toy and welcome to Elektronauts! :partying_face: