MD triggering by drum trigger

Hello,
I’m looking for the possibility to trigger sounds in MD and tap tempo as well from drum pad through jack cable, . Is it possible in input machines?

You can configure the two audio inputs of the MD to receive trigger signals from drum pads in the GLOBAL > ROUTING menu. There are settings for sensitivity, velocity mapping, and the track sound to be triggered by each input.

The INP machines are designed to process (gating and enveloping) external audio signals.

There is no straightforward function to control tempo.

1 Like

i send 2 triggers from mutable instruments GRIDS to the MD inputs , they work very well, you have to fiddle a bit with sensitivity to find the right setting for your triggers and that’s it. you can even trigger dinamically, setting VMIN and VMAX, in my eurorack system i can attenuate or boost the trigs before sendin’ em to the MD so i can have velocities :smiley:
for the tap tempo if you are in eurorack\modular land you might find modules that transform analog clock into midi and send them to your md.

1 Like

p.73 :slight_smile:

Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII/SPS-1UW MKII allows the two audio inputs to be used for connecting
external drum pads.

The trig system is prepared for standard piezo elements as
used by most pads and require no amplification before being handled by the Machinedrum.

1. Select the TRIG row in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Move the focus to IN A by pressing the
    [ENTER/YES] key.
  2. Press [ENTER/YES]. This will open the trig setting menu for the external input A.
    GATE sets the input gate sensitivity. A low value makes the trig more sensitive.
    SENS sets the sensitivity of the inputs. The higher the sensitivity the higher the reaction to
    weak signals.
    VMIN and VMAX sets the minimum and maximum velocity mapping. This controls the
    dynamic range of the connected trig pads.
    DEST defines which track sound will be trigged by the incoming signal.

Does that mean that I can play the Machinedurm from external CV gate sequencer ?

Yes you can, but only two tracks.

2 Likes

Did someone do something cool sequencing from Analog four the Machinedrum or is it too complicated ?
I’ve an Octatrack but I do not use the CV from the analog four … Now I’ms saying myself that this is a great way to find sounds maybe ?

Thank you sir ! That is interesting

The MD accepts Trigs from pads and modular with no problem. In order to send clock, you need a simple Max or Reaktor patch to time your input events and output a timecode the MD will understand.

had an interesting experience yesterday where my MD became sluggish overloaded and froze as (i assume) i was sending too much information to the trig ins. when i rebooted all the track pages were blank

a soft reset resolved it no probs although i lost the kit…

some gating resolved the intensity of the the amount of trigs being delivered, the sound also seemed to overload/clip when it received too many trigs in a short space of time. any experiences on this?

Hello @waftlord !
Thanks for telling this…i had the same experience couple days ago triing Voids great idea found here http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=191313&catid=9&limit=10&limitstart=20
Its the 6th post from the top,dont know how to point to that,
Sorry…
Had the same empty screen you posted
The problem was solved the same way like yours.
If you find out which parameter to turn down to run things more safe and not to burn the machines brain again,please let us know!would love to experiment further this direction.

God it was an awful empty look…
Geee…
Will try to forget the whole thing.

1 Like