MD song mode Reps issue

Hi all, lately I’ve got into using the Song Mode on my MD, but I’ve come across a frustrating issue which I’d like your help with.

Sometimes the MD doesn’t repeat the number of Reps that I have programmed.

So for example, if I’ve set A000 to repeat 8 times, sometime it will advance to the next row after repeating say 2 or 3 times. I’ve definitely made sure that I’ve double stopped the sequencer etc to reset. It’s very strange.

My MD receives the clock from and Transport from OT.

My MNM also receives the same Midi clock and transport from the OT, but the song mode on that seems to be working as I’d expect.

Hi !
Do you try to use MD as master clock ?

1 Like

But indeed, if your MNM work well on this config…
maybe differents lenght on some tracks ?

1 Like

I remember having problems with this many years ago. Elektron said they couldnt reproduce. I m sure there have been OS updates since but perhaps it s the same issue.

It’s not the length of track, as I checked that. What’s so weird is how inconsistent it is. It’s a bit of a downer, as I was just starting to embrace the flexibility the song mode provides.

Did you manage to resolve it when you had the issue?

It s a long time ago. I think i had trouble with quite complex sequences, not simple loops. But at that time i just stopped trying to do that. These days i change patterns manually while recording.

There are some parts where I’ve relooped segments etc. I wonder if that’s caused some confusion for the MD.

It’s a shame if I have To abandon doing that. Thanks for your help.

Try with MD on master clock and maybe it will be less confused :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I might try that if none of my other fix attempts work. Thanks.

1 Like