MD sending midi from all channels, external gear going bananas!

Tried to sequence external some of my gear with my mk2 but the MD sends out signals like a crazy motherfucker (on all active steps on the MD, for example on BD = midichannel 1). Don’t use midimachines on any of the tracks.
Keeps on sending Although I deactivate tempo sync out and external control out (or whatever it’s called in the optionsmenu).
What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

The individual channels are probably sending out MIDI notes on their triggers.

Check your settings in Global -> Map Editor.

Some more info here:

You have done nothing wrong. It’s just that, by default, the internal sequencer of the MD sends out MIDI messages. You can turn off this behaviour by setting the Channel in the GLOBAL > CONTROL > BASE CHANNEL menu to be ‘–’. See pages 58 to 59 of the manual.

Then you can introduce the MIDI machines to control the external gear however you like.

3 Likes

thanks alot guys!

1 Like

Detering !
Hello
But in this case is MD receiving midi note ? Thanks

Can’t the MD be sequenced and play alone in the same time ?

Hello !

I’m sending note from an Elektron Octatrack to a Machinedrum, the problem I have is that if in the same time I put some trigs on the MD sequencer the note of the MD send to my OT midi some midi note too,

that is noobish, please help me.

The fact is my midi is OT > A4> A4 thru > MD > OT

I just want for the last (bold) MD > OT use some midi CC I think, but the BD first track send note to OT sequencer…
So can you help me to make only the MIDI track on MD sending midi ?

Thank$ In Advance

i think you have to change the Control Base Channel of the MD . Setting it on – might do the trick
It’s in the Global Settings Menu.

Look in the manual on page 59

It look like if I “–” The MD dont input notes anymore…

Am I right ???

i think you are. maybe setting is to a range your OT is not on might do it.

Sorry dont understand that . And nothing I think…

It can, but with the problem that you have discovered.

Your setup is unusual in that you seem to have the OT sequencing the MD and the MD sequencing the OT. It would be much easier for you to sequence the two machines internally and use MIDI to synchronize them.

if the midi channel your OT is using is 1 set the MD global setting to 5-8 this way the OT does not recieve the global Midi CC’s send out by the MD.

1 Like

The fact is I do not want the MD to sequence the OT, I just want the MD sequence herself and the OT sequence MD bonus…

• using th eCC out from MD.

If that is the case, why do you need to make the MIDI connection from the MD to the OT, as you previously described?

But so on the MD sont receive the midi channel 1 from OT … so How to sequence Machiendrum from herself and from OT ? wt`

Can’t I Use one midi machine CC to control one OT parameter ?

You can. But you should carefully reassign the MIDI channel numbers on your instruments as @puck kindly described above in order to avoid the channel conflicts that you have been experiencing.

Sorry I cannot tell nothing good, I just cannot send note from OT if I reassign the MD channels to 4-5, the MD won’t receive anymore note from OT channel 1 … :rage:

Forgetting the midi CC out of MD I thank you all guys!:confused: