Md mki power supply - help!

Thanks for the link. unfortunately it adds lots of money to post to europe. The mk1 isnt the best thing anyway and before spending 70 euro I probably use the ipad with modstep and elastic drums. My PSU is working but it is burried behind lots of furniture and other cables in my studio setup. wanted to have a small live setup and need the machinedrum mainly for sequencing the minitaur (as cv gate sucks from the a4) but I suppose the ipad can handle this.
Maybe they will release an octatrack 2 at one point - till then I am fine I guess. Would be nice to have a second psu but not for that money

Maybe search for this on other sites like amazon.co.uk or .de

Just opened the machinedrum MK1 psu and there is just a simple tranformator inside. So as it seems the current isn’t stabilized. I will look for a suitable replacement but making the psu myself should be way cheaper than buying one of ebay or amazon for 50 euros.

Hey,
i lost my mk1 powersupply.
is there any aftermarket i can buy?

all the best
d9

Lifesaver! Bigup.

Mine just died tonight. Will call them tommo. Glad i searched this thread.

I’m confused with PSU specs / refs for respective models (and eventually confused with models too).
Could you help to complete / correct ?

SPS1 MKI > 6V2.5A AC (ref?)
SPS1 MKII >
SPS1 UW MKI >
SPS1 UW MKII >
SPS1 UW+ MKII > 6V3A DC (PSU2 REVB)

Thanks

All Mk1 variants:
6 V (ac), 2.5 A
Elektron PSU-1

All Mk2 variants:
6 V (DC), 3 A
Elektron PSU-2

Source: MD manual

1 Like

What is the voltage range for the factory US Power supply’s 100V-117V or just 117V ?
Im wondering if you can use a US mark1 model in Japan

thanks

Hi there !

I’m trying to find a power supply but seems to be sold out everywhere

Any tips for SPS1 MKI’s power supply ?

Many thanks, Akatana

Check with Elektron support to see if they can send you in the right direction for an official one.

Failing that, this one works: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32664312910.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32664312910&productSubject=UpBright-New-AC-AC-Adapter-For-Elektron-Machinedrum-SPS-1-MK1-MKI-MD-SPS1-MKI-MK&spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.1f745576Pbq8YJ

My brother loaned me a MD MkI a few weeks ago, but he lost the power supply. I got that one from Ali Express and it works fine.

3 Likes

about 5 years ago i was desperately seeking for a PSU (desperately seeking psusan, i’m sorry, i had to) for my MKI, it took me several months but ended with this one on ebay, very decent seller, got mine with the right cord for europe, yeah shipping is just as expensive as the PSU itself but hey it’s better than having none at all ($35 + $35)

weirdest thing though when i got it was that the connector was different from the one that came with the unit and had a much better fit, it was really really weird, and yes i was the first owner. and it’s not like i have a bunch of 6AC PSU’s laying around.

the seller is called utopiadreamglobal,
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=utopiadreamglobal&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmachinedrum.TRS0&_nkw=machinedrum&_sacat=0

2 Likes

For anyone looking: after a week scouring the internet and getting nowhere, Elektron support were able to point me to this Swedish site selling the exact PSU i was trying to find (Mascot model 8810, 6VAC, 3.2A). It’s the only one still being made that’s suitable for mk 1 silver boxes, as far as i can tell. Thank god for Norwegians!

And you need to buy this plug tip with it:

and the damage (with shipping) ?

I bought two, was around £90 in total. Think its roughly £50 for one. So it’s similar to what Elektron were charging for a replacement unit when they had their own stock.

So u confirm it works flawlessly? not erratic behaviour of your unit?

So, I bodged a power supply for my newly acquired MD MK1. It worked for an hour or so then the MD attempted to reboot out of the blue, and couldn’t get past the Elektron main screen. So I am in need of a power supply.

I live in the UK and have seen a few possibilities floating around the internet, such as:

And

Meanwhile, @acidbob kindly suggested this one, however it’s just a bit expensive:

One from Mascot was also suggested, however it doesn’t come with a UK plug and I don’t fancy having yet another converter dangling from my multi-adaptor.

So, I recently bought a Machinedrum MKI, and with it came a worn, presumably original power supply. The issue is that it gives off an awful high pitched noise, which I find hard to put up with. So, I bought the Mascot unit in hopes that it would be quieter. But that one gives off a loud buzz/hum instead
 Loud enough to come through over music and heard from several meters away.

So question from me is, does anyone have experience with the above linked PSUs and would you say they’re quiet (enough) in operation? The ones I have are decidedly noisy, basically, so as long as they’re not giving off a loud hum or piercing high pitched noise it should be fine. :smiley:

1 Like