MD mk 1 knobs upgrade

Hi all, new here.
I recently got myself a MD mk 1 for a very good price. It was in good condition, boxed etc.
Not too keen on the blueish knobs so I ordered the knob upgrade from Elektron (the more rubbery ones).
Looks and feels good but couldn’t help but notice that they don’t seem very straight, i.e iether they are not perfectly regular in shape or the hole in which the encoder shaft goes in is not perfectly centred (hope it makes sense) . Am I the only one who noticed this?

HI YES THE KNOBS ARE OK! I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WHEN INSTALLING THE NEW ONES ON A MKI

EASY. YOU HAVE TO RE INSTALL WITH THE HALFMOON ALIGNED WITH THE ENCODER.
MAYBE YOU PUT SOME OK YOU CAN CHECK THIS
AND THE WRONG ONES JUST REINSTALL ALLIGNED :smiley_cat:. :elmd:

And Sorry Welcome to the forum! it´s an incredible community full of great people. also the MD is an amazing piece of gear. Congrats! there are some really useful information here, guides, files a lot of the good MD knowledge and all you need to get working. Best

1 Like

Hum, i’m pretty sure i fitted them with the half moon correctly. Also, one of the shafts broke when removing the old knobs (…) so not sure I want to remove the new ones again…

Thanks Elektrobot7. Still discovering its capabilities but quite pleased so far :blush:

Ouch you must be carefull with this parts. if you want to remove again i recommend this:

You can use a plastic card, slide gently and twist a little holding the button and extracting carefully.

and you can replace the encoders in the elektron support with a ticket. i just order a new set.