@switchbox's MD Max4Live controller

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: @switchbox’s MD controller made in M4L

I’m still on …just to let u all know…working good…just managed to decode all the Sysex stuff…machines changing…lfos decoded…etc…close to release…cheers

26 Likes

Nice! Im ready to try it out! :wink:

here’s a little teaser…crappy sound but it works so far…some minor bugs to kill…some cosmetic works…etc.
…thinking of starting also an AU or VST Plug of it maybe.

19 Likes

Hey! This is great maan!

But what would really make it fantastic is randomizer! Can you integrate it? Pls

My money is ready! :wink:

1 Like

sure, already on the schedule…also planning a saving slot for single instruments. anything else? :wink:

2 Likes

That’s also a good idea!
No, nothing else for now. :wink:

Wait… is it a software re-creation or ‘just’ a controller ?

its a Controller

5 Likes

This is awesome. Will buy as soon as it is ready.
Can I ask, did you route the audio back into ableton, and the audio meters reading signals just for the purpose of the video demonstration ?
Also, I’m guessing the sequence is on the MD, but it could be from an ableton MIDI track ?

Would definitely buy a AU and especially a VST Plugin version!

1 Like

Does it react to value changes done directly on the Machinedrum?

Hi there, so to clear it up: The Machinedrum is set up like an normal external instrument in Ableton. Since I used the main-out (A+B) and 2 single-outs (C and D) you see 3 channels in the video reflecting the inputs from the Machinedrum.
And you are right, the sequence is running in the Machinedrum itself but it is also possible to sequence it from Abletons midi tracks.

1 Like

“Does it react to value changes done directly on the Machinedrum?”

Yes it does. Its a back2back communication if you can say so. It even reflects the sound selection on the machine. So when you click on “BD” as example, the Machine switches to the BD-Channel aswell. I will post an example Video maybe later the day.

3 Likes

How long until release?

Wow… count me in! Would love to support this! It would be awesome to see it as a VST!

stresstest and a little update…added some features :slight_smile:

5 Likes

this looks fun for MD owners who also use max4live. seems quite comprehensive… for when you want to sequence w/a computer. looks like it makes a nice patch librarian as well. says coming soon.

https://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/5658/machinedrum-controller

6 Likes

hi there, yepp it’s me building this device. there are still some things to do. automation is not fully implemented, hopefully I will find some time during the weekend to finish this.
also when changing the track destination from the lfo page, the parameters on that particular track is not reflected yet correctly. I need to buffer these and recall them when changes are made. some parameter should show -64 to 63 instead of 0-127. the midi engine needs also a cosmetic change in showing the correct parameters.
but everything else is working quite good so far as you can see in the video. sorry I was to lazy to cut the video…so it’s a bit long…cheers, nik

9 Likes

Looks great @switchbox great stuff. On Point with the graphical UI :3lektron:

1 Like