MD in a MM case? Huh?!

:zonked:

So, I came across this news story about a former air traffic controller using techno to overcome anxiety. Great story really.

Was happy to see him using an Analog Four, and a Monomachine, or was that Monomachine a Machinedrum, or… what the??

You can watch the video here:

Was there a botched batch of MDs that went out with the wrong screen printing years ago?

Looks like we have a mystery on our hands! :confused:

From FB:

I am so fascinated with this.

More is discovered after a chat with him on fb.

“I think I got one of the first ones, I purchased it used from a guitarist(!) who had it for a long time and he said he received one of the very first mk 2s with teh UW upgrade
[ltr]
so I think they may have ran out of machinedrum bottom cases and used the monomachine one instead”[/ltr]

So perhaps the first UWmk2 models had this?
Would be great for an Elektron staff member to chime in.

Love the story of this guy!
Elektron needs to send him a shirt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit:

Love this story too! Wanna destress from guiding multiple 747’s and airbusses in for a landing? Play some techno!! If there ever was someone that should be an “Elektronaut”, it’s this guy!

Ah yes a fine example of the lesser spotted monomachinedrum
(minus spotted monoapperatusdrum-Latin)
Generally thought to be extinct, this is a significant find!
Rumour has it that Hector cooked up this little wonder whilst simultaneously juggling jobs, one at Elektron HQ the other running a meth lab!

I just imagine looking up on stage to see the backside of a Monomachine and think “jeeez, this guy has really made the MM sing for drums!”

great thread guys!

Terrific story. Hope you invite him to hang out over here, he comes cross as a good soul.

Shout out New Brunswick!!!

https://soundcloud.com/robert-t-wilson

labels please sign this guy

Terrific story. Hope you invite him to hang out over here, he comes cross as a good soul. [/quote]
He is forum member dude163 here, as well as being a great guy.

1 Like