MC 707 / 101 : Roland Grooveboxes

Let me preface my questions by saying that I have read the manual and other related documents and didn’t find answers in any of them. :grin:

First question: How do I delete a wav file (pre-made loop) that I’m using on a looper track? I was trying to replace it, but got a message that stated to delete the current file.

Second question: Is it advisable to have sub-folders (now that we can have folders on our sd cards)? I ask because I currently have sub-folders and had no trouble getting to them, but had issues backing out of them. If sub-folders are okay, how do I get/back out of them to go back to the previous folder. Thanks. :christmas_tree:

Delete the track

Left and right buttons get you in and out of folders

Thank you.:nerd_face:

Any Toraiz SP16 owners here that own or have used the MC-707 ? Any comparisons on the sound quality of the two ?
Thanks

1 Like

I had the DJS-1000. The MC707 sounds really good. There are lot more FX in the MC707 than the Toraiz models. The FX sound really good too.

You won’t be disappointed in the sound quality

1 Like

Why did you get rid of the DJS 1000?

Thanks !
I am not too concerned about the effects ( I have always liked Roland/Boss effects).
How do you find the the actual raw sound or sonic qualities of the two. I find anything you sample into sp16 just sounds GOOD not sure if it’s the converters or the sample engine but its one of the best sounding samplers to my ears, but the MC-707 is really calling me.

Anyone has a 707 and an Mpc Live?
How do the 2 workflows compare?
I have a Live, currently pondering a 707 or saving to upgrade to an Akai Force

It sounds good. You won’t be disappointed.

The only reason I mention the FX is because they color the sound.

For example, in my experience, my raw samples in Maschine sound good, but then I put their FX (reverbs, delays, etc) and they all of sudden sound different. Not bad. Just different.

Honestly, I don’t know :man_facepalming:

I think I was trying to buy something else at the time. It’s been a while.

Of course I want it back now

1 Like

Does it sound good when you sample vinyl directly from RCA plugs ?

There is definitely some mojo going on with the SP16. The SP16 just sounds great with raw samples. I don’t think the MC707 sounds as good sonically, but it doesn’t sound bad. I mentioned earlier in the thread that when using the looper to loop internally, the MC707 sounded a little flat, just less dynamic. Of course, the MC707 has many more features with it’s vast internal synths and FX. It really is a powerhouse.

Yup thats just it. the SP has this “mojo” clear round full bass , very smooth high end. If i remember correctly alot of gain with minimal distortion and ease of use.
Damn I am back to the toraiz LMAO ! this is madness :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Toraiz sampler is almost universally considered to sound superb, at least judging from everything I’ve read.

If the 707 sounds anything like the 101, I would describe the sound as “MPC 4000”… That’s what the 101 sounds to me like. Its a sort of smoothness in the sound, hard to describe accurately in words… but you’ll know it when you hear it.

1 Like

Dude I have a Neve MBP hooked up to a Burl ADC for sound enhancement and I still want to check out the SP-16. First world problems😝

1 Like

Yes indeed !

Thanks !

How are the delays and reverbs on the 707? Would it be able to have the sliders/pots set to control the send of each channel and play live with the dubs?

For MC707 users: how has it settled in in terms of switch-on and get started on something and workflow?

I have a 101 as a sound module and noodler. It is a powerful sound source in combination with the effects, but workflow is a bit obscure at times through the smaller interface.

My thought so far is 707 is attractive as a single box travelling solution vs AKAI Live. I’d be as much a synth & sample user as a guitar/vocal looper. AKAI seems to have the upper hand if you’re a heavy samplist… thinking I might stick with a 1010BB and 101 combo as the best of both worlds.

1 Like

I’m wondering if Groove-box MC707 is more powerful than MC909/808 and a pleasure to use too ?
For those who can compare - would be nice to hear your thoughts on that.

I’m wondering if they will revive the MV-series as well.