MC 707 / 101 : Roland Grooveboxes

I suppose it’s not a massive issue as the metronome will help. But don’t want to have to wait till the start of the loop again to start playing. Especially if working with like 64 steps plus.

Hitting the record play and moving to my keyboard quickly is not something I can do.

Jesus Roland a single bar count in shouldn’t be hard.

2 Likes

It’s a bummer but not the end of the world. The sample management and external midi are my things.

Now. Who’s going to create a Launchpad script for the MC707? Open the 707 up to seeing and firing more clips and scenes

2 Likes

Love the sample management enhancements!

1 Like

On the sample import/management front, it seems faster…could be me just imagining it though

I also wanted to say that it’s not about the folks that sold their initial boxes, what about us folks that bought sample players to make up for the previous poor sample management (that’d be me :rofl:)

I’m like, ok, so what am I going to do with this DT :man_facepalming:

Sounds like the previous MC101 sample ‘limit’ was just a bug that has now been resolved?

• We fixed the problem in which freezing occurred when the 200th or
    later file was selected in the project select screen or the WAV FILE select
    screen.

Is this a new bug in firmware 1.20? Or has this always been like this?

If you press shift+multi to select a different global multi effect other than the default “multi mode filter” the FX PRM and FX DEPH knobs have no useful mapping most of the time… the screen just says [fx name] :Color [knob value] and [fx name]: Tone [knob value] but the chosen parameters don’t make sense for the selected effect?

I thought that the two knobs were always mapped to usefull parameters for each global multi effect for example: dry/wet balance or delay time etc. depending on the chosen multi effect for live tweaking.

[update, seem my post below, I guess this is part of some kind of bug while browsing different global multi effects. I hope we can reproduce it and report it to Roland so it can get fixed]

Wow this must really be some kind of bug! I turned the MC 707 off and back on and tried again, everything works normally when I use the small knobs under the screen to switch the global multi effect!

Then used the big value knob and the whole unit froze and wouldn’t even turn off so I had a unplug the power supply!!?!

Super weird, I did the recommended factory reset after the update…

So far my unit had been super stable, no freezes or issues until now, did another factory reset just to be sure… now the FX knobs works as expected again, I hope this was a one off glitch :no_mouth:

Geez, I seem to have missed this update release! If sending pgm chng works now for ext MIDI and the pads also send notes to ext MIDI (= no more ext keyb necessary), I’m going to be really pleased with this update. Getting folder support is also super, now a bigger memory card might actually start making sense!

I’m grateful for this update. Haven’t really used my 101 after buying it because it was missing these crucial features. Now I can really incorporate it into my new minirig :nyan:

1 Like

what i like most about this update is the ability to load a whole line of clips from another project — up to 8 at once.
not a scene, but who cares.
this makes changing projects totally unnecessary. now it’s possible to play absolutely gapless 2-hour gig/set without going crazy loading clips one by one.

4 Likes

Sell to me at a great discount :joy:

:joy::joy::joy:

Okay I’m pretty interested in this now. How are the synth engines? Is anyone actually making some unique sounds with it or mainly sticking to the presets because of all the menus?

2 Likes

Sampling hardware synths now

2 Likes

Performed the update on my MC101. Is it just me or boot times are faster now ?

well, two things.
the 2nd is double harmonic major scale.
it’s called Raga Bhairav, but it’s there.
i always wondered why gear with scale mode feature typically has double harmonic minor (aka Gypsy), but omit double harmonic major.
nice work Roland.

Can you only slice recorded samples? Not loops you load from the SD card? Curious

Do you know if this also works on the 101? sounds like a great feature!

i don’t see this feature mentioned in update pdf for 101, so seems like the answer is no.

what a pity! o well

Almost sold my 707 I’m glad nobody grabbed it now, auto-slice was the feature I stopped waiting for !