Max4Live Digitone?

My first post in the forum (Digitone and Digitakt owner).

Ess Mattisson who designed the Digitone FM synth for Elektron has released a Max4Live device called Opal. It has an FM engine that is very similar to the Digitone, though it is monophonic. It also has three other synths (physical modeling, and two grain type engines) plus two sequenceable effects (reverbs/delays and modulation). They can be used simultaneously in a stack or as separate devices in Ableton Live. Each engine has a sequencer that is similar to the Elektron sequencers, including parameter locks, probability, conditionals, ratcheting, independent track length, time division and traversal. Each instance supports 64 patterns that are controllable via automation in Live.

Have not used it much yet because I only got it yesterday, but so far I am impressed. It is designed to be primarily a rhythm machine, but it can be used as a five track, five instrument groove box. And, of course, you can have multiple Ableton Live tracks, each with a stack of these instruments and sequencers. Not as much fun as playing with the Digitone/Digitakt, but much closer to the Elektron workflow than anything else I have seen on a computer.

You can check it out here:

Oh well. I see the whole thread on this subject in the lounge and ESS is there. I visited the lounge but should have searched. Noob mistake :slight_smile:

Already covered elsewhere